Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Christians United Election Decided Through Prayer...11/4/12 Sunday Devotional

Started by pappy, November 04, 2012, 09:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Mark 3:25...."And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand...."
The upcoming choices to be made by the " citizens " of this glorious country, concerning the future Commander in Chief's position, is one that must bring together the brothers and sisters in Christ. Satan knows this, and his tactic is to divide the inner circle ... to decimate the fortress of Faith in our legions of prayer warriors, ultimately depressing the populace and using the economy as a crutch to do so, forcing many to vote under clouded morals and false hopes.
Christians morals are becoming euthanized by governmental white washing, there are divisions amongst us, we all too often look at the near future instead of keeping our eyes focused on the true prize, by choosing a President that does not line up with our Christian values and God's word could only help to fuel Satan's plan.
Jesus warns us about losing our influence in the world, Matthews 5:13..."Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour , wherewith shall it be salted ? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men..."  Consider this closely, if we do not stand united during this election, we lose our "savour" ... (influence) amongst men, who will then see us as a Faith Based "Religion" weak and divisive and mock us as they mocked Christ, walking away wagging their tongues. I have heard it characterized by some Christians as though we are once again faced with a choice between the lesser of two evils. However, I do not find this to be an accurate assessment. I would like to suggest that evil is not an entity; it is an absence. As cold can only be defined as the absence of heat, and darkness the absence of light, then, likewise, evil is the absence of Christ.
Consequently, our political choice is not between two evils; rather it is between which Man's policies align more closely with the teachings of Christ than the other Man's. When you judge the fruit of each candidate's policies according to their political adherence to the word of God, then our course of action becomes imminently clear.
Do not let Satan sit back and laugh at us....do not choose a President through the fear of economic depression or color or party....recognize the absence of God in a man's life that he lives....see the need for the nation and not the need for the one....make our choices through prayer, seeking the Holy Spirit's guide and choosing wisely, based on our walk with Christ. We must see the devil's reasoning to destroy and to kill ... vote responsibly.

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206