OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Started by Duke0002, October 30, 2012, 11:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

"Behold, children are an heritage of the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.  Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are the children of one's youth.  Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!" (Psalm 127: 3-5a).

I'm sitting here with our young grandchildren on my lap, telling tales and talking about Bible stories, Jesus, and church.  Seems like I'm living in a different time and place. -a blessed respite from this fallen world.  All of this blessedness  due to the saving work of Jesus Christ.

We see them only 4 or so times a year.  But as we talk and touch, we know that we will have more similar moments in this life (if the Lord wills).  If not, then certainly in heaven. 

Our eternal blessing is not due to any qualities or spiritual exercises found in us.  It's 100% God's doing in Jesus Christ.  His life, death, and resurrection was our sufficient ransome price.  Thanks be to God He has given all believers the faith to trust this for their personal salvation!

"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love Him and keep His commandments, to a thousand generations" (Deut. 7:9).

-Dale

snoodlum

Our God is a awesome God. May He bless you and yours ! Amen  :cross2:

BOFF

Amen Dale!!!

Thank you.

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

Thanks so much Dale!!!

Have a blessed day,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)