Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 09/21/12 " A little seasoning please"

Started by BOFF, September 19, 2012, 11:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Sorry to be so early with the devotional, but I will not be around a computer tomorrow to post anything long natured.

Matthew 5:13 (NIV1984)

Salt and Light

13 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.

I like the translation here as well.

Matthew 5:13 (MSG)

Salt and Light

13 "Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage.

Pretty self explaining. We as Christians, are here to represent Christ, and proclaim His name, both verbally and non verbally through our actions. We do this, at times, by bringing the best out of others, and out of all situations.  We are to be positive in all areas, and around all people, even the ones which "push our buttons."

Have you lost your positiveness........ your seasoning?

Heavenly Father,

Forgive us for the times we have become stale, and have lost our seasoning. Let us be a positive light for You, and your kingdom. May our actions and words be pleasing to You, and a blessing to those around us. May we cling to Your promises, and teachings, using each to glorify You and Your kingdom.

For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.
[/font]