OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Binoculars

Started by Hootowl, February 13, 2011, 06:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hootowl

Going to go look at some Binoculars, Wed at Bass Pro, What do you recommend, I would like to keep it around 150/ 200 dollars, But I want the best bang for the Buck, I Like Bushnell, Nikon, Just to name a Few, I would even look at at used if they were in good shape so shoot me a PM if you have some for sell. 10x42 is what I am looking at or what do you recommend for Turkey and Deer Hunting?

Hoot

BigPeck215

take a look at the leupold rogue series, they run about 120 at bass pro, had a pair for the last 3 years and they have been on everything from 100+ degree turkey hunts to below zero deer hunts and have never failed my yet, they are a great binocular for the price and they are the perfect size at 10x42

keyser12ga

maustypsu

Do not overlook Pentax in this price range.  They are respected for their glass.  But as a camera company they have been shifting to other optics.  They don't have a reputation for hunting but I have used a pair of 10x42 pentax in the duck blind and deer woods.  No problems and would put them up against a pair twice as expensive for quality of image.

For turkey hunting I use the Nikon Road Trips 8-24 x 25????  Something like that.  They are the small, light, adjustable binos.  They've always been enough for that purpose but wouldn't take them deer hunting with a rifle.

TWOWITHONE

Take a look at Nikons ATB binos also good glass.

keyser12ga

After looking at this thread yesterday, I went to the local Dicks sporting goods to look at bino's.  They had sent me a coupon for $15 off a $50 purchase.  They had display model of the Nikon Monarch atb's in 10x42, they didn't have the box so I got an extra 15% off for that, ended up getting them for $139 otd, after comparing them to the bino's that were in the $150 price range there was no comparison, so I snatched them up.  Hopefully they will work out well, I know nothing about binoculars.

The one's I had been looking at (that seemed to be getting good reviews) prior to getting these were the Zen Rays, and Vortex.

turkey_slayer

You better  take those back cause you stole them!  :lol:  ATB's are good glass for the money.

hookedspur

Quote from: keyser12ga on February 16, 2011, 10:23:54 AM
After looking at this thread yesterday, I went to the local Dicks sporting goods to look at bino's.  They had sent me a coupon for $15 off a $50 purchase.  They had display model of the Nikon Monarch atb's in 10x42, they didn't have the box so I got an extra 15% off for that, ended up getting them for $139 otd, after comparing them to the bino's that were in the $150 price range there was no comparison, so I snatched them up.  Hopefully they will work out well, I know nothing about binoculars.

The one's I had been looking at (that seemed to be getting good reviews) prior to getting these were the Zen Rays, and Vortex.
:you_rock: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TWOWITHONE

Vortecs are good binos also. Youll be happy with the Nikons

WildSpur

Vortex Diamondbacks.  I have the 10x42 and love them.  I got them in 08 for ~$210 TMD.

Cluck more, yelp less

joshua

Quote from: WildSpur on February 23, 2011, 01:05:51 AM
Vortex Diamondbacks.  I have the 10x42 and love them.  I got them in 08 for ~$210 TMD.
:icon_thumright:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

REBELYELL

Anyone else tried the Vortex Diamondbacks?

BigJim

Vortex are good binos for the money. I have even used there warranty. I broke the binos, it was completely my fault. Called Vortex, sent them in and had them back good as new 7 days from the day I sent them in.     

K9Doc

Burris makes some good binos for the money.  Dont forget the Steiners!!!
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

wmd

Quote from: keyser12ga on February 16, 2011, 10:23:54 AM

For the money I spent, I have been quite pleased with my Zen Rays.