News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Deny Gulvas calls

Started by strum, December 27, 2021, 10:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strum

Hello Guys
Its been a minuet since I've posted but the season is approaching and I'm getting anxious.
  I have my go to calls and I've learned what works for me and what I have wasted money on lol.
I decided to order a Gulvas  Masters Choice and a Double Diaphragm to try out.
Just wondering what some of you guys think of these and if you have any tips to run em. As I understand they require less air and more huff.

mspaci

great calls, I prefer the triple & quad, about all I carry anymore, yes way less air, huff the call from back of throat & fool w it until you find what works for ya.
Mike

PALongspur

I ran the Master's Choice for quite a few years, last few years went back to a 4 Runner. The new call (Gray Master) he brought out last year is absolutely phenomenal, it's become my new favorite.

shatcher

mspaci

strum

thanks guys . I got he calls in but I haven't tried to run em yet. they look a little different from what I'm used to but I don't see that as a bad thing. we will see.

spiggy2

I like them a lot. I have the masters choice call and the master red. They definitely are different from a regular mouth call, but once you learn to huff them they sound great. I had issues at first but I was blowing too much air and once I dialed that back they worked great. I like the sound of them, plus they have helped me with my other diaphragm calls by learning to use my lower diaphragm / stomach to blow them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

idratherb

I threw away a lot of mouth calls over the years but Denny's won't ever see the bottom of a trash can..

paboxcall

Quote from: spiggy2 on January 17, 2022, 03:05:13 PM
I like them a lot. I have the masters choice call and the master red. They definitely are different from a regular mouth call, but once you learn to huff them they sound great. I had issues at first but I was blowing too much air and once I dialed that back they worked great. I like the sound of them, plus they have helped me with my other diaphragm calls by learning to use my lower diaphragm / stomach to blow them

Quote from: idratherb on January 19, 2022, 09:55:47 AM
I threw away a lot of mouth calls over the years but Denny's won't ever see the bottom of a trash can..

I agree 100% with these two comments. That was my experience as well, and the time to gain control of Denny's call was extremely short for me.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

strum

Today I decided to finally try the Double.  I only got a few mins but right off the bat I got some good sounds out of it. Yall are right it does not take much air and it need to come from the diaphragm. Thats kind of my style anyway so i took to it pretty fast. not saying I'm amazing with it or anything but I would be confidant to hunt today if I could. I think its made to be a little higher pitched and although i didn't try Kee Kees per say I found those tone are easy to get. I had to play around with it to get out of that range and get into a little lower. it's more of a young hen I think but I can get a little rasp to.  liking it so far. I also have the Masters Choice I'll be trying.

Terry

What's the easiest way to teach someone to use their diaphragm to huff?

perrytrails

Quote from: Terry on January 30, 2022, 12:53:34 PM
What's the easiest way to teach someone to use their diaphragm to huff?

Two types of air...
Air you blow, like to whistle.

And air you use to fog a mirror.
This is diaphragm air