turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hell of a community

Started by ChesterCopperpot, January 15, 2021, 06:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

All seriousness aside, I agree wholeheartedly (at least 3%) that this is a great place to hang out and have very much enjoyed the interactions we have all had over the years.  There are indeed some great folks here,...and you learn to just ignore some of the others  ^^^   ;D :toothy9:

Beards and Hooks

So true, love this forum frequent it more than any other place on the web. Thanks Shannon this is an awesome site!!

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tom007 on January 16, 2021, 05:41:35 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 16, 2021, 04:21:05 PM
A great bunch here for sure. When I first showed up I never thought I could afford some of the calls I saw here and had made that statement, several people sent me calls or other turkey related items and would not even take money for shipping for them. Well as it turns out as I stuck around I found out I could get some items and some people took a chance on me by letting me make payments to them so that I could get calls. To be honest it made me feel guilty after I found out I was wrong and I could afford some, so now I do the same for others as they did for me, I also started to buy the patches to support the site and started to do giveaways because to be honest I do still feel guilty about all that people gave to me and I want to give back to all those that were so kind to me. I was not able to do the Veterans Day giveaway this year because some money was taken out of my house that was not mine and I had to pay it back but I am looking forward to doing it again this year as well as something this Spring though I do not know what yet. I also have to say these gentleman were instrumental in me getting my first turkey 2 seasons ago and I will forever be grateful to each of them that offered up a word of advise, suggested I needed to change my calling cadence on a pot call, showed me different ways to play a hen box and so on. Glad to know some of them off site as well and thankful to Shannon for making such a great place to congregate and fellowship one with another.

We are all glad you stuck in there Steve. I have to thank you for helping me out when I joined this great forum.  You made me feel welcome. Don't feel guilty about anything, you always reach out to help people on this forum. Be safe my friend....
Thank you Tom
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

jgard

This is a great place with great people whom are as obsessed as I with this magnificent bird we love to chase

VA_Birdhunter

I started on OG many years ago...then switch to FB groups (some) over the years I guess due to the ease of access.  Now I don't participate in any of the FB groups and honestly don't care for them.  OG has always been a great place to come and enjoy good info, fellowship with fellow turkey hunting ters and share in others success and stories!  God bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

NCL

Agree whole heartily by what has been said by the others. What never ceases to amaze me is the amount of knowledge about turkey hunting and the willingness to share that knowledge with others while not making the person who asked the question feel stupid. Great site.

3bailey3

I agree great site and Awesome group of guys!

PharmHunter

johnnyk2000

Sure glad I found this thread. New guy here looking around and seem to be some fine folks looking out for each other.

JK
Hebrews 11:1

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Spyder

Totally Agree, I am on a few different forums and this one is by far the best. I don't comment much because, honestly, don't have much to offer. I'm not that good of a Turkey hunter, though I've killed a few. However, I enjoy it more and more every year. Thanks for all the info you guys provide. It is a very good resource for someone without a lot of experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowboy

Yep. Good folks on this forum. 

Spurchaser88

reflexl

This is an awesome bunch of folks!