News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Vest on the market

Started by turkeykiller22, January 20, 2021, 09:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

Quote from: Tom007 on January 24, 2021, 05:15:07 PM
Congrats Drew, you are already sold out of the Bottomland in your new vest line. Best of luck.....

Thanks! I am very thankful for this opportunity and for the support that everyone has shown. It is very humbling to say the least.

Drew
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Bridger

Quote from: turkeykiller22 on January 24, 2021, 08:36:26 PM
Quote from: Bridger on January 23, 2021, 06:13:37 AM
Looks like some great design features- what are the two zippers on the back for?

Hey Bridger, one zipper is for the orange flag for when hunting on public land. The other zipper to for a water bladder. The bladder pocket also has a loop in to hang the bladder from.

Thanks!
Drew

Drew,

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping that was the answer.  This vest is really well thought out. Looking forward to checking it out in person.

-John

gaswamp

looks like a very nice vest....would even like to see it made a bit lighter for a run and gun hunter who might say only carry one or two pots

Howie g

Good looking vest , any idea when you will have the bottom land pattern back in stock ?

WV Flopper

Very nice looking vest, I like it. There are a couple things I noticed that may be an issue for my style.

I set up against a large tree, typically my shoulders are touching the tree and my butt pushed away from the base of the tree. This allows me to get my knees higher and that acts as the perfect rest for my heavy gun. Makes my profile smaller and allows me to hide my call in my lap while calling.

With that being said: I would invert the nice large triangle padding in the back to have the larger piece at top. I would also move the two buckles holding the game bag to the back. Maybe push them more out to the side.

The pot call pockets may be small, not sure. I travel/hunt with my pot calls in a hamburger patty container, Rubbermaid, separated. Not sure if this would fit in those pockets. The striker pockets, are they snug enough that the striker doesn't rub the bottom of the pouch? The rubbing would cause them to smooth out and not be as effective calling. More sanding, my pot is at least 25 years old, the less sanding I do the better.

Again, I like this vest. I like the silicon bands on the shoulder straps! Seat looks comfy. Looks to be well built.
I will need a new vest in 1 or 2 more seasons and will be looking at these when the time comes!

Overall, Good job!