OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

20ga Suggestions?

Started by HunterMc23, April 18, 2017, 03:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunterMc23

I'm in the market for a new 20ga that performs well, but also comes at an affordable price. I already have a Mossberg pump and would like to try another brand. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Red Huck

HunterMc23

Thanks. I had been looking at the Waetherby's but was wondering about some other guns? Anybody had any experiences with the Remington 870 20ga?

davisd9

Love my little 500. An 870 is another excellent choice. Good ammo can make them little guns killers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SteelerFan

Quote from: HunterMc23 on April 18, 2017, 04:43:04 PM
Thanks. I had been looking at the Waetherby's but was wondering about some other guns? Anybody had any experiences with the Remington 870 20ga?

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,60603.0.html

possum#1

The Browning BPS is another good gun.

Greg Massey

Get you a Rem. youth 870 , 20 gauge with 21 inch barrel and build you a shooter...you can thank me later....

Footballer

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 18, 2017, 07:56:52 PM
Get you a Rem. youth 870 , 20 gauge with 21 inch barrel and build you a shooter...you can thank me later....

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g8rvet

I built an 870 for my daughter and it is a killer. 

I wanted a dedicated turkey gun and the Weatherby SA-459 already had everything on it I wanted, so I just needed to get a choke, load, pattern and kill.  It is 4 for 4. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Bolandstrutters

I love my 500 grand slam 20 gauge.  It packs a wallop with #7's.