turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

lets see those 870 youth 20 builds!

Started by Full strut, February 24, 2016, 03:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Full strut

thinking about hopping on that 870 youth bandwagon and see what its all about. if anyone has built one, i would sure like to see it! trying to gather ideas before i pull the trigger.

357MAGNOLE

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

gophert

Full strut

those are sweet! i know you can sink a lot of money into those little 20's but it looks like yall have some good turkey slayers there.

BowBendr

Full strut

Did you buy that gun camo or did you have it dipped?

357MAGNOLE

I assume dipped for those above. I don't think they had the youth in camo from factory. Although I have been known to be wrong
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

gophert

I dipped mine myself.  I have since sold this 870, but it turned out perfect. 

Haypatch

Quote from: BowBendr on February 24, 2016, 01:30:42 PM

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

Man all those are sweet! may have to look into getting mine dipped really like that obsession!

Full strut

Yeah that thing would look sweet in obsession or bottomlands

Lonster

I have one I am working on now. 870 youth, 21" barrel, Kicklite stock and forearm, McCarbo trigger spring, JEB's .560 choke.

I don't know how to post pics.

357MAGNOLE

Does the trigger spring help? I though the trigger was pretty damn good out the box. Especially compared to the other shotguns I have.

Lonster

My trigger spring should be here by Monday, supposed to reduce the trigger by 2.5 lbs or so.

Lonster

Spring Fever

I went with a patriot and was able to knock right at 3/4 of a pound off.

BowBendr

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on February 24, 2016, 06:22:34 PM
Does the trigger spring help? I though the trigger was pretty damn good out the box. Especially compared to the other shotguns I have.

Had mine dipped in obsession by camo solutions, they did a fantastic job.
I did my trigger job myself.
Took the trigger group out for the dip job, while it was out I cut exactly one coil off the factory spring and polished the sear with jb bore brite and finished it with flitz. Took about 20 min and now I have a no-creep, smooth as glass 3.5 lb trigger.

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions