OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Heard a rumor today...

Started by RAY, May 14, 2014, 05:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY

Mossberg is going to offer LPA Triggers for us standard trigger guys!  :z-guntootsmiley: :you_rock: :blob10: :z-winnersmiley: :wave: :happy0167:

outdoors

WHEN ?
         WHERE ?
                    HOW MUCH ?

DOESN'T HAVE TOBE IN THIS ORDER   :thanks:

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

RAY

It was 'splained to me by a very knowledgable factory representative that this will take place soon...very soon. And will cost approx $80 dollars round trip door to door. Says they want the gun so they can fit the triggers, adjust them and test fire them. He said to check the Mossberg website in a few months. They are in the process of stock piling LPA's  :happyshake:

outdoors

THAT DONT SOUND BAD , ID LIKE TO INSTALL MYSELF ?
WAIT AND SEE. THANKS
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

davisd9

One can get the trigger worked for 40 round trip.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bbcoach

I tried to get a LPA trigger for my 835 several years ago from Mossberg and they told me they weren't making any for prior year models so I had the trigger worked for $39.  Only had to send the trigger group out and had it back in about a week.  Now she breaks at about 2 3/4 lbs.  Great Investment!

natman

Quote from: bbcoach on May 14, 2014, 08:00:09 PM
I tried to get a LPA trigger for my 835 several years ago from Mossberg and they told me they weren't making any for prior year models so I had the trigger worked for $39.  Only had to send the trigger group out and had it back in about a week.  Now she breaks at about 2 3/4 lbs.  Great Investment!

Did Mossberg do the work?

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

bbcoach

Quote from: natman on May 15, 2014, 08:41:27 PM

Natman,
Bill Springfield did the work.  Here's the link to his website  http://www.triggerwork.net/

davisd9

Quote from: bbcoach on May 16, 2014, 07:36:27 AM
Quote from: natman on May 15, 2014, 08:41:27 PM

Natman,
Bill Springfield did the work.  Here's the link to his website  http://www.triggerwork.net/

Planning on sending Mr. Springfield my 835 trigger in a couple of weeks.  Have heard great things about his work.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Twowithone on May 15, 2014, 10:10:05 PM
Whats a LPA trigger.

Lightning Pump Action trigger. It's a fully adjustable trigger. I believe from about 3lbs to 7lbs. I have them on a couple of guns and they are excellent products. No creep, no grit and very safe. More like a good rifle trigger than a shotgun trigger.

There are 2 models, one to fit the 835 and another to fit the 500 series.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Skeeterbait

Just a suggestion, do a Google search on "Bill Springfield Problems"  before deciding to use him or not.  Just remember that any time you modify a factory trigger with a stone or file, you are decreasing it's margin of safety.

Isomaad

Quote from: Skeeterbait on May 16, 2014, 01:46:44 PM
Just a suggestion, do a Google search on "Bill Springfield Problems"  before deciding to use him or not.  Just remember that any time you modify a factory trigger with a stone or file, you are decreasing it's margin of safety.

Bill has done 4 guns for me, a 10/22, Colt 6920, S&W M&P 10, and my Mossberg 930 and all of them have fantastic triggers on them now and none have given me any problems.  I just sent Bill the trigger pack for my Thompson Impact and I expect it will be fine too.