OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Talked With IC and Federal!!!

Started by Hardtime_NC, March 09, 2011, 04:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardtime_NC

I had posted the results earlier with the .555 IC and Fed HW 7's.  A lot of people warned me of this so I caller Fed and IC.  They both told me there were no danger and to shoot away.
Theres no dollar sign on a piece of mind!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

R AJ

It is not a danger issue as much as a counterproductive issue. The Federal folk are proud of their wad that is supposed to make a modified or full choke become a super dense pattern shooter.

The Indian Creek choke with wad strippers and or porting  is designed to strip the wad away from the shot as it is leaving the choke. Thus the paradox when using this choke.
That being said, there are many reports of this shell in SSX , IC, Kick's, and other chokes that have had good to excellent reports of patterns using the Federal FC shell. That wad is stiffer in the 12 gauge than the 20 and I suspect that there will be less effect in the 20 gauges but have no extensive tests or reports to prove this.

Hardtime_NC

I have shot one HW 7 trough the IC .555 and got 207 in a 10" at 40 yds.  One was all we had but there is more on the way so we will see just how consistant they shoot.

shootumindaface

Quote from: Hardtime_NC on March 10, 2011, 06:11:24 AM
I have shot one HW 7 trough the IC .555 and got 207 in a 10" at 40 yds.  One was all we had but there is more on the way so we will see just how consistant they shoot.
Thats what I would like to see if their is consistency shot to shot...

Devastator

im going to give a fed 7 a ride out of my 555 ic. as soon as it quits raining after reading this post out of my s&w.if i get any kind of decent pattern that is even and consistent it will save me a bunch of money.

Hardtime_NC

Please let me know how it turns out for you.

wmahunter

The IC 555 and Fed HW 7's like each other!  Don't care that it ain't supposed to work...it works.

shootumindaface

It could go on the premise that is working with the SSX 550.. Ultra tight constriction and wad catchers working to disable the flitecontrol wad..

sugarray

Quote from: wmahunter on March 14, 2011, 09:44:54 AM
The IC 555 and Fed HW 7's like each other!  Don't care that it ain't supposed to work...it works.

Please post up some results!!

S.C.C

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 14, 2011, 09:46:27 AM
It could go on the premise that is working with the SSX 550.. Ultra tight constriction and wad catchers working to disable the flitecontrol wad..
The wad's not workin in any of the tight chokes anyway even the PG tempest .570!!
The front petals are suppose to open and slow the wad...not happen'in IME with turkey
chokes.Also the IC's are not tearing the hard wad up as expected either just helping
separate the wad from the shot IME!And yes it is consistant in the IC. chokes IME!

shootumindaface

Quote from: S.C.C on March 14, 2011, 10:13:28 AM
The wad's not workin in any of the tight chokes anyway even the PG tempest .570!!
The front petals are suppose to open and slow the wad...not happen'in IME with turkey
chokes.Also the IC's are not tearing the hard wad up as expected either just helping
separate the wad from the shot IME!And yes it is consistant in the IC. chokes IME!
Wow dude wrong side of the bed

S.C.C

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 14, 2011, 10:15:41 AM
Quote from: S.C.C on March 14, 2011, 10:13:28 AM
Wow dude wrong side of the bed
NO,up sense 3 am!!! :lol:

goblr77

Just ordered some Federal 7's. As soon as they get here I will give 'em a whirl through my IC.

wmahunter

Quote from: sugarray on March 14, 2011, 09:46:46 AM
Quote from: wmahunter on March 14, 2011, 09:44:54 AM

Please post up some results!!

Here is a pic. Not the best quality pic but the number is 170 with the IC 555 and Fed 7's.  40 yds from muzzle.

[attachment deleted by admin]