turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Talked With IC and Federal!!!

Started by Hardtime_NC, March 09, 2011, 04:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S.C.C

Fellows,so far I've tryed several chokes with these stupid shells.
The IC chokes do put up the highest 10" circle counts,but that is
all I have for a pattern is a 10" circle.That isn't good enough for
me to hunt,and if you want shoot one at 30 yards with the IC.555
and you will see for yourself.The IC.570 for me averages around
120 at 40 yards but still any out of the 10 is weak and I have noticed
a few shot running on the outside of the wad in that choke,It hasn't
hurt the choke yet because the shot has been pushed back through
the wad.The PG tempest.570 IMO is the best hunter,no it doesn't
put up high numbers in the 10 but I can move the 10 around anywere
on the 20 and get 80 to 100 fairly even hits at 40 yards.I do plan to try
a SUMTOY choke as well but for now I'll use the PG for hunting out to
40 with this ammo.This is just MOE so far others may be different. :icon_thumright:

shootumindaface

Quote from: S.C.C on March 15, 2011, 07:24:29 AM

,but that is
me to hunt,

Thank you SCC... I ran across the same thing the other day when my gun posted 173, I looked at the pattern and said um its 35 degrees.. If this holds I am changing out.. This load only has 326 pellets, for the guys wanting 180 pellets in the 10 inch that only leaves 140 pellets to fill in the extra 100 inches in a 15 inch circle and 236 square inches in a 10.. Thats assuming no flyers..
With these shells I want a good even 140-150 that is gonna kill everything dead to 40 and give you a buffer zone in range and allow for a lil wiggle room in your pattern.

sugarray

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 15, 2011, 09:05:31 AM
Quote from: S.C.C on March 15, 2011, 07:24:29 AM

,but that is
me to hunt,

Thank you SCC... I ran across the same thing the other day when my gun posted 173, I looked at the pattern and said um its 35 degrees.. If this holds I am changing out.. This load only has 326 pellets, for the guys wanting 180 pellets in the 10 inch that only leaves 140 pellets to fill in the extra 100 inches in a 15 inch circle and 236 square inches in a 10.. Thats assuming no flyers..
With these shells I want a good even 140-150 that is gonna kill everything dead to 40 and give you a buffer zone in range and allow for a lil wiggle room in your pattern.

I have been giving this a lot of thought as I am setting up a 20 for my son who is 6.  I am just not comfortable with only 91 at 40 yds.  It has a few holes, which maybe makes me the most uncomfortable and the 20" ring is patchy as well.  I have a Hastings .562 coming and hope this is not too tight.  I'll shoot it and see.  I would like 120s in a 10" with even 20" numbers as well.