OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

If you could have one gun.... What would it be??

Started by turkeykiller22, April 09, 2013, 11:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

If you could make the perfect turkey gun in your mind, what would it be? Lets just say you had no limit on price, for gun, shells, chokes, everything was paid for fully!

I might go with a SX3 3.5in 24 in barrel, Rhino choke and nitros 4x5x7's 
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

FL-Boss

what I have already -  Rem 11-87 SM, Sureshot

BrowningGuy88

Manufactured currently:
I really like the pair I have: Rem 870 youth 20 gauge and Mossy 935 Turkey, but for fun...

This is kinda sad - I can't think of anything I would change. You could hook me up with a lifetime supply of TSS 8's and 9's and Nitro Blends though. Also a couple of custom dips.

Out of Manufacture:
Savage Hammerless Single Shot 20 gauge
23" barrel
SumToy Choke
Fed HWT 7's or Nitro 6's
160 - 190 in the 10
FF3 on a 336 mount
All Custom Dipped in Mossy Oak Bottomland or Brush

Not Manufactured:
New Browning A-5 20 gauge with a 24" barrel. All the TSS 9's and components I needed and a choke that laid 285 in the 10 and 285 in the 20. Top it off with a FF3 on a 336 mount and a Quake Claw Sling.

wvcurlytop

I'd keep what I've got, a mossburg 835 ultra mag.. 

davisd9

Would keep this ole girl.  Bought her June of 2011 and she has been really good to me.  24" barrel with a Star Dot choke. Added a limbsaver and the Simmons Pro-Diamond.  She has done everything I have asked her to do as long as I have done my part.  Handloaded Heavier than lead 6s is what I would shoot in her.

I can think of only a select few people that I would allow to hunt with her.

Saturday she knocked down her 7th Tom/turkey:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

goblr77

Can't think of a gun I would rather have than what I've already got. I several different 12 & 20 ga turkey guns and find myself only wanting to tote one. It's an 870 youth 20 ga with a knoxx stock, cerakote mil spec OD green, 21" polished barrel, & sumtoy .562-5 choke. This gun has been a two year project and is finally where it needs to be. Here's a few pics of the transformation.

01Foreman400

It would be what I already have.  SBE 2 24" with a Rhino .670 choke, shooting Nitro 2 7/16 oz #7's.  I also have a Docter sight on a Burris 336 mount.  The trigger has also been worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

TauntoHawk

SBII 24" barrel, steady grip (limbsavers pad), trijicon sight, shooting TSS through a collection of Sumtoys in various sizes.

Maybe a tricked 20 with TSS for the wife
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

unionhunter

I will second the sbe ii with the 24" and the steady grip

mudhen

Auto?  Super Vinci, hands down.

Pump?  BPS All-Purpose in MOBUI.

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

the Ward

Quote from: mudhen on April 09, 2013, 02:29:26 PM
Auto?  Super Vinci, hands down.

Pump?  BPS All-Purpose in MOBUI.

mudhen
Almost the same here except my 3" vinci and bps upland special. If we are talking fantasy i'd want a Holland and Holland s/s with a full set of barrels in 12-16-20-28, and a .450 nitro express set for general purpose hunting....with leather bound fitted case of course,lol!

captin_hook

I'm going with the super Vinci as well. Pistol grip stock, custom camo dip, eotech scope, rhino choke, nitro mega blends. Cha-Ching $$$$$$

Deputy 14

I'd like an 8 gauge semi auto shooting about 3/1/2 oz of TSS 9s. Prob not gonna happen though.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: Deputy 14 on April 09, 2013, 03:35:13 PM
I'd like an 8 gauge semi auto shooting about 3/1/2 oz of TSS 9s. Prob not gonna happen though.

If I could have that - just give me a 222. About the same effective range!  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."