Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If you could have one gun.... What would it be??

Started by turkeykiller22, April 09, 2013, 11:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

SBE II, Balistic Specialties, Sumtoy, and Pure Gold chokes, a large supply of Win Xrange #6  and Fed hevyweight #7. and a set of Truglo mag gobble dot sights.

And a new Claw sling so I don't have to take mine off my 870.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

budtripp

I'll take my SBE2 only I'd dip it in either bottmland or natural gear. The kicks 655 does ok with winchester 3.5" hv 5's and 6's and it shoots great with hevi 3.5" 6's but I might try an indian creek or rhino in it.

Second option is to find a 21" barrel for my 11-87, screw in an Indian Creek 665 and have it dipped in the ol realtree extra brown or the newer AP green pattern. Shooting 3" win HV 5's and Hevi 3" 6's, depending on my mood that day  :OGturkeyhead:

JamesG

kdsberman

What Im shooting now.

Mossberg 835
Mueller MX-1 Red Dot
Jellyhead Choke
Nitro H517 4x5x7 Hevi-Shot

Havent even had to think about racking another shell in.

I will admit though Id like to try an Indian Creek choke versus what I have.

howl

Ole Killer is a 935, but if any other auto had an overbored barrel and a tang safety that would be close enough. The camo could be a little less green, I guess. Perhaps an anti-gravity device hidden in the forearm to make it easier to hold up...

Sportdog7

It's difficult to get one shotgun that can do many things very well, but I'd nominate my Winchester SX-3. It has a 28" barrel and is chambered for the 3-1/2" roman candle, so I have a wide choice of of factory shotshell choices everything from  7/8 all the way up to 2-1/4 ounces. Shooting a 3-1/2" turkey loads even in the soft shooting SX-3 is not something I would want to do all day, but it sure beats what I used to use!! The gun is a great trap, skeet and sporting clays gun, it has never had a malfunction, and is a great gun for waterfowl and upland game. In about 2 weeks I'll let you know how it does on turkeys, if I get lucky!

tomstopper

Probably my Winchester 1300. That gun has never failed me and with the two barrels that I have, I can use it for just about anything even home defense. It is going to feel weird this year when I hit the turkey woods with my Stoeger 3500. Maybe I will bring it out of retirement if I get a chance at a second bird after May 1st......

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

vt35mag

Sagittarius

I would just keep my current Super Vinci with Rhino turkey choke.
It's rugged, very lightweight, and has the cool Max4 camo.  8)
Have an old Browning BPS 3 1/2 with turkey choke I like pretty well too but it's very heavy compared to the Super Vinci.

HoggleGobble

The SBE2 Turkey Performance Gun, with an added Tactical cocking hammer, a FF3 instead of a FF2, a Kick-Ez pad installed on the pistol grip stock. A V-Pod on the front. Trigger reduced to 3lbs, and action polished (RR already had the forcing cone lengthened, ported barrel, and .655 RR choke). Kind of like the gun pictured.......  ;) ;) ;)

Finally have my dream gun...

Dbrnmllr

SBE2.  Pretty much the gun I have, but would have the trigger worked and maybe a FF2 instead of the gobblestopper.  I do like the setup I have tho, just a few minor improvements.

reynolds243

Rockhound

Browning 10 gauge that weighed 6 pounds, a lifetime supply of tss

teke