OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A little lipstick...

Started by Tarheel, July 24, 2020, 06:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel

Waiting for the gobble....now to woodburn the soundboard....

Tarheel

Sorry, I'm trying to get up my post count....

3bailey3

Marvin i can't wait for your 101 post!!

Tarheel

It's only taken me two years to get to 55....
;D

Tarheel

OK, a little something different....I haven't decided yet if I like it or not.  I had four identical old growth teak scratchboxes, and I wanted to do something I hadn't done before...so here is #1 of 4.

Tarheel

And here are all four...it almost looks like they were laser engraved, but if you look closely they have slight differences. It was an effort...and one time is enough.

Tarheel

3bailey3

nice, i need to see some hen boxes, trying to help on the post count..

Tarheel

Unfortunately, the hen boxes will have to wait until after I finish up the trumpet callers I have to make.  I got into some Honduras rosewood...then African blackwood...and found out I had developed allergies to both...now have to recover from the rash of that experience...still having trouble bending my fingers. My shop is so small, I have to do what I am going to do to make one caller, then set up for the next...there's no diversification in my shop....trying to have a few callers to take to Unicoi....

Tarheel

Those shut-mouth gobblers absolutely could not resist talking back to this one...guaranteed...LOL!!! 

Tarheel

Storm coming...with the dark spalting of the maple it's difficult to see the detail, but it's there. Regardless, it is what it is....

Tarheel

Wow...I'm up to 71...now 72....my goal is to get to 100 before Christmas.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tarheel

I like maple for a scratchbox...kee kees...and woodburns nicely.....

Tarheel

So...I got in too big of a hurry and glued up this scratchbox backwards....which with the carved handle means it's is set-up for operating left-handed.  I'm not left-handed.  It is obvious my playing skills left-handed are non-existent...LOL!!! But I don't think I'll throw this one in the fire....

Tarheel