OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What Is Your Dip? I Am Switching

Started by silvestris, July 04, 2020, 03:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silvestris

An e-mail from Copenhagen.  I bought dip, not far left politics.

We invite you into our journey of reflection.
This email is being sent to you because you certified that you are a tobacco consumer 21+ interested in communications from U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Co. brands and should not be forwarded. If you are unable to see the images below, please contact us at 1-866-404-1822. The FreshCope.com website is limited to eligible tobacco consumers 21 years of age or older.

To our dippers,

Copenhagen, Skoal and Red Seal stand in solidarity with the Black American community in the fight against systemic racism and injustice. Supporting our communities has always been at the core of our brands, and it always will be.

We believe in social and economic equality. The unjust deaths of Black Americans are heartbreaking. These Black Americans are our friends, our families and members of our communities – and they've endured injustices far too often and for far too long. It's time to acknowledge our country's history of racial discrimination, end it, and resolve never to repeat it. Altria and its family of companies have committed an initial $5 million to help address the systemic racism faced by Black Americans and advance social and economic equity.

Today, we honor June 19 (also "Juneteenth" or "Freedom Day") with a day of reflection. On this day in 1865, almost two and a half years after the Emancipation Proclamation, enslaved Black Americans in Texas were finally informed of their freedom. Yet 150 years later, systemic racism and discrimination still exist. So let us pause, reflect on our history, and challenge ourselves – how can we make a difference?

We invite you into our journey of reflection. We are committed to being a part of the solution and encourage you to do the same.

In solidarity,
Copenhagen, Skoal and Red Seal

I would appreciate any suggestion for a replacement.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Cottonmouth

I quit buying Skoal 20 yrs ago when they got expensive. I buy Grizzly fine cut wintergreen now. If you dipped Copenhagen,  try grizzly fine cut natural.

SinGin

Timer Wolf for me. I can buy a quart size container and refill my cans. The jug holds 12 cans worth and when it's empty I can always put nails or screws in it

Parrot Head

Makes me think back to college and I had a teammate who dipped.  Thought I would be cool and do some Red Man.  Before I knew it I had sweats and I was hot one minute cold the next thought I was going to up chuck.   Had to go home and lay down.   Last time for that.

Big Guy

So wanting to end systemic racism and injustice is "far left" politics?  Granted I don't think throwing money at the problem will fix anything but that email seems like a dumb reason to get all up in arms and switch brands.

Oh.  I don't dip so can't help you with any suggestions either.  Sorry.

LaLongbeard

That's great of Copenhagen to donate 5$ million dollars seems to me though it be a lot cheaper if black people would stop committing crimes and then resisting arrest. I've never been shot, tased or had a cop sit on my neck, but then again I don't commit crimes sooo.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Bowguy

Wow this is crazy. I stopped dipping 3 years ago when I had surgery. No one would bring a can to hospital or rehab. Even once home I couldn't legally drive for a bit but I'd say screw them. I'm not racist either but this is going too far. This morning I was eating aunt Jemima pancakes, that n uncle bens are changing because someone feels it's racist. This is horse poop.
I'm ready to start dipping again just not to buy skoal or Copenhagen

Southerngobbler

Sounds like a good reason to quit all together, if mouth cancer isn't enough now ya got to support terrorism. Take it as a sign and do your health a favor. I quit over 10 years ago and never looked back, it will improve your deer hunting for sure. Reward your self and buy turkey calls with the money you would have been wasting.

Spitten and drummen

I been dipping a long time. Used alot of brands. Switched from copenhagen to red seal. Time to try another brand.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

BigSlam51

Grizzly

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

silvestris

Quote from: Big Guy on July 04, 2020, 06:08:52 PM
So wanting to end systemyic racism and injustice is "far left" politics?

What exactly,  exactly is systemic racism?  What exactly?  I need to know more than leftist buzz words.  What EXACTLY does that term mean?  I ain't drinking the Kool Aid.  Buzz words are a sign of ignorance if not, stupidity (for there is no known cure).  Meanwhile the greatest civilization ever known to mankind withers on the vine.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

1iagobblergetter

How many black people kill white people in a year.?? We'll never know because it doesn't make good news.
Why is it we celebrate African American month and Latino,but not everyone elses??
They'll draw all this out until the election. Democrats want to wreak as much havoc as they can before the election and the black people don't even realize they are the pawn..
Imo most African Americans are African/White Americans now days anyway..Most of them i see and know don't think white women are racist or trying to oppress.

Big Guy

Quote from: silvestris on July 05, 2020, 12:55:37 AM
Quote from: Big Guy on July 04, 2020, 06:08:52 PM
So wanting to end systemyic racism and injustice is "far left" politics?

What exactly,  exactly is systemic racism?  What exactly?  I need to know more than leftist buzz words.  What EXACTLY does that term mean?  I ain't drinking the Kool Aid.  Buzz words are a sign of ignorance if not, stupidity (for there is no known cure).  Meanwhile the greatest civilization ever known to mankind withers on the vine.
Here is a definition

It's called "systemic" racism because it's ingrained in nearly every way people move through society in the policies and practices at institutions like banks, schools, companies, government agencies, and law enforcement.

Now since a definition is probably all just "buzz words" to you, you will want an example.

For example, while redlining -- a multifaceted practice of denying financial, government and other services to people in certain neighborhoods or communities based on race or ethnicity -- is illegal, the homes in those communities, as a result of that long-standing practice, often haven't appreciated at the same rate as in white suburban communities, sociology and policy experts said. This means that, when people of color who live in redlined communities get ready to sell their homes, they receive far less in proceeds and have far less capital to leverage.

Additionally, these communities tend to have a lower tax base and as a result, their schools have fewer resources to educate children of color. That puts those communities' kids behind their white peers academically

Now I apologize for the copy and pasting but feel this could explain it better than I could.  I dont know what it's like to be African American and the experiences they go through and I highly doubt you do either.  The protests (both violent and peaceful) show that the IS an underlying issue with racism in this country and it needs to be dealt with.  I don't have the answer, but something must change. 

Some things that are happening are dumb.  They protest demanding end of police brutality and Aunt Jemima changes her name.

Everyone having an equal footing in this country should not be a left-right issue.  It should be a morality issue.

Ihuntoldschool

Amen.  It's not the police that's the problem.  It's the criminals and the radical liberal media.

fallhnt

I was talking to a customer at work ,while working on his truck. I'm ashamed of the comments that I heard from my coworkers and the way he was treated.  On the flip side stop playing the victim.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy