OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Turkey hunting seat

Started by jbrown, May 17, 2020, 08:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyN

Another vote for the Browning chair. I own two so when I go with anyone else they don't want to leave before me. If I can be comfortable enough to wait out a stubborn bird for a few hours the extra 7lbs are worth it. Anything that's just a pad has my legs falling asleep within an hour.

lunghit

I just received my HS Strut Deluxe seat and I really like it. Light, quick to set up and a HUGE improvement over the cushion on my vest. It stores really nice in the game bag of my turkey vest too.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

lacire

Quote from: fmf on February 22, 2021, 09:19:00 AM
I just picked up one of these and I'm looking forward to testing it out.  They were offering them "free" on facebook, just pay shipping which was about $8.  They didn't offer it on their site, just fb and the offer may still be going on for those interested.

https://klymit.com/collections/accessories/products/v-seat?variant=31722987618394

Thanks for the suggestion. Just bought one of these klymit seat pads from there web site. They currently have two listings one for $16.99 and one for $0.00, click on the $0.00 and it comes up paying shipping only for $9.00.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Turkeyman

The first thing a person has to determine is just what they want, and suits their needs. Do you want a seat...or a chair...or a lounger? Personally I'm satisfied with a seat. It's nothing more than those very short 4-legged jobs which you set up on a tree. I can fold two of the four legs down to suit the angle of setup, if you know what I mean. Now...the more "comfort" desired comes at a price e.g. bulkier and heavier....another piece of equipment to tote around.

Sanders153

https://huntcomfort.com/gelcore-hunting-seats/

I've tried one of theirs and it's been pretty good. They might have something to suite ya

longbow59

Over the years I used different seats they all work to some degree. This year I just sat on the bare ground. My vest as no seat. Really wasn't bad at all. The thing I like about you can get really low to the ground which helps with not being seen.