OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Kick stand vests,,the kick stand part, experiences???

Started by Happy hooker, March 15, 2024, 11:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy hooker

First off I know all about turkey chairs, alps,gobbler etc I've owned them. they are very comfortable I've taken naps in them, brought them to outdoor concerts.
But,,,,
They are heavy, bulky,you have to sling them over one shoulder then you have your gun sling on the other shoulder and if you use like a Glenda green satchel that gets sling too.
The chairs are great,,not good for run and gun.
The kickstand idea I like
If it works?????
For those who have or used them
Do the legs hold in place on the ground or do they tend to slide.
Are you at a comfortable angle not too high or low.
Overall comfort.
Do you balance well in them or do you feel like you will tip over if you don't stay perfectly still.
Please give me you personal experience.
Thank you

runngun

I can't hunt without either a chair or one of my kickstand style vest.  2 neck surgeries and 2 low back surgeries have about ruirnt me.
I have not had any issues or breaking in mine. I have one of the first one's that they made Tactical Tat'R. I guess it would be the "1". Only issue I have is being left handed my brain works in reverse and I am always screwing the legs the wrong way.
That being said I really like the adjustability of these. A sure favorite.  I also have a couple of vest that have the built-in seat. They're good to go to, easy to adjust to lean back or up. And I really like that I can pretty much set down anywhere.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

falconiii

I've never been able to figure out when I would use a kickstand. Have been burned too many times not using a big enough tree as a background. Have been caught without a good tree many times, but my first priority is to get back to one of those as soon as I can.  Welcome any thoughts on this.

Big10Hammer

I have a Tidewe kickstand vest.  It's good quality, but heavy.  I like the concept of the kickstand seat, but the legs are nowhere long enough for me.  If they'd make them at least 6" longer, it'd be really nice.

Joneshunter

I have an alps grand slam vest and I will say with the legs that thing is real handy pretty dang comfortable too. I wouldn't say it's too heavy. I used to carry a seat with me and that was heavier