Main Menu

WTB Trumpet Call

Started by Firemt04, April 29, 2020, 05:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firemt04

Quote from: paboxcall on April 29, 2020, 07:14:02 PM
Quote from: Firemt04 on April 29, 2020, 07:09:35 PM
Quote from: paboxcall on April 29, 2020, 06:25:30 PM
If you don't want to wait for Billy, then ring Ralph Permar and get a model 45 in delrin. Won't hit your wallet as hard, you'll have it sooner, and just as easy of a call to learn on. Plus like Buice you'll get your money out of it as well if a trumpet isn't for you.
I have looked at Permer's calls and they look really nice. I also have looked at some of Billy's calls. I'm gonna be honest, I am not a very patient person. Lol. I want one to start playing with now and once I have one I will be more apt to wait on one to be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me give you a little advice I got years ago. Learn to play just one before you start collecting. Once you master air flow using just one call, then branch out. Sticking with one quality call in the beginning should flatten the learning curve.
I will definitely take that advice. I understand how that would be helpful. Thank you.

Red Huck

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 29, 2020, 08:12:38 PM
Gregg right here on OG makes a easy running one that sounds good. Wont break the bank and you will get it quick. I have several trumpets from a bunch of makers and I will second Ralphs for sure. Really easy to draw on and flat kills turkeys. Now , when you get hooked , Mr Billy should be your next purchase along with several different mouthpieces. If you are a trumpet guy , one of his is a must have.
Greggs contact info please

crow

Quote from: Red Huck on April 29, 2020, 08:51:38 PM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 29, 2020, 08:12:38 PM
Gregg right here on OG makes a easy running one that sounds good. Wont break the bank and you will get it quick. I have several trumpets from a bunch of makers and I will second Ralphs for sure. Really easy to draw on and flat kills turkeys. Now , when you get hooked , Mr Billy should be your next purchase along with several different mouthpieces. If you are a trumpet guy , one of his is a must have.
Greggs contact info please

He is on this forum as "gergg"

Chris O

I agree with what everyone has said but I figured I would throw out some names that you don't hear about as much, but make outstanding calls Charlie Trotter he is on Facebook under his name I contacted him on Messenger. Ernie Fetters Shade mountain 2010 on here I believe. And Daryl Slaton you can contact him on here or Facebook. I am sure there are some others as well but these are solid calls.

Red Huck

No Gregg or gergg" on the members list- Eric Gregg put reading some of his post he's not a call maker

davisd9

Quote from: Red Huck on April 30, 2020, 09:28:28 AM
No Gregg or gergg" on the members list- Eric Gregg put reading some of his post he's not a call maker

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?action=profile;u=4026
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Chuck1443

I have received 3 calls from Greg a few weeks ago and they are as good as any I've played and I have some big name calls. Greg makes a very good trumpet

k4brannon

Get a Spring Yelper from Permar.

They're great, hes has some available and he's got the dead turkeys and awards to prove it.

He's also a great guy that will help you anyway he can.

troutfisher13111

I've been wanting to see a pic of Ralph's Spring yelper if anyone has one...

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

k4brannon

This is a Spring Yelper in Bolivian Rosewood.

For a $150 its a steal.

troutfisher13111

Thanks!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Chris O

Quote from: k4brannon on April 30, 2020, 10:31:48 AM

For a $150 its a steal.
Thanks nice looking call

davisd9

Quote from: k4brannon on April 30, 2020, 10:31:48 AM

For a $150 its a steal.

Very nice.  I have been wanting to try a Permar.  What type of pitch does it have?  Do you have a sound file of it?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

k4brannon

its a little higher pitched than his .45

similar to a buice with #3 mp, it's also the same size as a 6" buice.

Firemt04

Thanks for all the input guys. I ended up contacting gergg and ordered one in Kingwood. He was extreamly helpful and was able to help keep me in my budget. I'll try and remember to post pics when I comes in. Thank again! Y'all Rock!