turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

25th Anniversary NWTF 870 12 gauge

Started by Mizzouhntr, April 22, 2020, 10:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mizzouhntr

Wasn't looking for a different turkey gun, but ran across this and figured for $250 I'd take a flyer on it. It's in the box, and says Model 870 SPS-T "Turkey" Camo 21 in Barrel Magnum 2 3/4 and 3in shells. It has the 25th Anniversary 1998 NWTF emblem engraved on the receiver. Can't find much on this gun other than this link and a few others that had been sold on online auctions. Wasn't sure if anyone has info on these, how many were made, was it a banquet gun. I know value is what the buyer is willing to pay, so hopefully I got a good deal. It was a little dirty, otherwise in pristine condition, in the box and with all paperwork.

https://gunvalues.gundigest.com/remington-arms-company-inc/10457/model-870-sps-t-camo-nwtf-25th-anniversary/

Borsy

Nice find I'd say. Post some pics of the gun if you get a chance.

Mizzouhntr

Here is all I have at the moment on pics

WildTigerTrout

Good deal IMO.  I would have bought it for that.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Turkeytider

In good shape? In a heartbeat for $250! Not that the sights on the gun aren`t good, but I`d probably look to red dot it. Only because I`m partial to them!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

superx2

How can you not take it for that price!!!!!!!
congratulations on a great find.

obro

I have that gun . I payed a lot more than that . Mine was unfired in box . But that is a good deal for a nice gun .

1iagobblergetter

Can't go wrong for that price..I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Mizzouhntr

I knew it was a solid deal. I wish there was a way to find out how many of these they made that year

Turkeytider

Quote from: Mizzouhntr on April 24, 2020, 12:58:30 PM
I knew it was a solid deal. I wish there was a way to find out how many of these they made that year

I don`t know for sure, but there might well be. If I were you, I`d go on Remington`s website and go to their online chat feature and ask. I`ve used that a couple of times and they`ve been very accommodating. Example, I was curious to know when a recently acquired 870 was built. I gave them the serial number and within a couple of minutes I had my answer. Worth a shot!

Mizzouhntr

Ive done that to age a few older Wingmasters. Just tried it, and they Said they don't release production numbers. Happy to have the shotty, was hoping to learn a little more about it. Oh well

Turkeytider

Quote from: Mizzouhntr on April 24, 2020, 03:40:52 PM
Ive done that to age a few older Wingmasters. Just tried it, and they Said they don't release production numbers. Happy to have the shotty, was hoping to learn a little more about it. Oh well

Nice try anyway. I guess the only other thing to do if you REALLY wanted to pursue it would be to contact the NWTF to see if they could/would tell you how many they ordered from Remington.

Tom007

What a steal, congrats.......you can triple your money....
"Solo hunter"

Turkeytider

Quote from: Mizzouhntr on April 24, 2020, 12:58:30 PM

Man, based on the posts in this thread, if you wanted to make some money you could put that thing up for sale! LOL. Of course, being a turkey hunter as I`m sure you are, you`d be nuts to do it....but hey!