turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

410 turkey

Started by WV Flopper, April 17, 2020, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Flopper

My first 410 turkey. I typically hunt with a 10g running TSS. The 410 is a day to night change for sure.
Misjudged the yardage as it was in an open field. The turkey was at 45 yards+- 1 or 2. To far regardless, I don't believe a 410 has quite enough power to effectively kill at that range. Hit was good, just not enough power.
But none the less, he is in the freezer. The 10g doesn't the seem to run out of power.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Mathews.1

Congratulations your on a roll

Greg Massey

owlhoot

nice 410 bird congrats

Turkeyman

Quote from: WV Flopper on April 17, 2020, 01:55:03 PM
The turkey was at 45 yards+- 1 or 2. To far regardless, I don't believe a 410 has quite enough power to effectively kill at that range. Hit was good, just not enough power. The 10g doesn't the seem to run out of power.

Congratulations on a nice bird.  But I kind of question your quote which I edited a bit. What do you mean by "run out of power"? If you mean pattern density, you're correct. However if you mean pellet energy the .410 is ~1100 FPS compared to the 12 & 10 ga. ~1200 FPS...pretty much the same. Plus downrange their pellet velocity would be even closer together...wind resistance will have more affect on the faster pellet.

Brs2427

Congrats on the bird. The 410 and 10 gauge are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Haha but it is awful tough to estimate range when a bird is out in open.

sswv

a .410 bird is an accomplishment, good on you.   VA or NC?

Jmbradt3873

Congrats, great bird.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Tom007

WV Flopper

Yes that was a VA turkey.

Thanks guys, maybe I will carry the 410 a day or two this week. Will definitely carry the 10 first, that is for sure.

Yoteduster

Congrats on a nice bird

boomer

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AppalachianHollers

Weidmannsheil!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatrapper

What make and model .410?
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.