turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal TSS #7-9 compared to Hevi-Shot #5-7

Started by JMBknvc, April 07, 2020, 08:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMBknvc

Never shot the high end ammo before, therefore did a pattern test on the mixed ammo. Compared Federal TSS #7-9 and Hevi-Shot #5-7 in both a 3" and 3-1/2" shell size. To see the difference. Below are my results at 40yds. The choke tubes used are listed on the image and are rated for each shot type.

JMBknvc

JMBknvc

Here is the 3-1/2" Federal TSS #7-9 at 60yds.

jtsmith3

Very interesting results. I think it would have been more telling if you'd used the same choke/ gun/ set up for both. I'm not suggesting you run the test again though. That test probably cost more than my whole turkey hunt

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Nobody said you have to be good to have fun.

JMBknvc

Quote from: jtsmith3 on April 07, 2020, 10:23:01 AM
Very interesting results. I think it would have been more telling if you'd used the same choke/ gun/ set up for both. I'm not suggesting you run the test again though. That test probably cost more than my whole turkey hunt

Yes, $$$ test but now I know. Also thought about using the different chokes with each ammo. However, could not find where the manufacture stated their choke was rated for the different ammo type. Going to be safe than sorry.   

bigthunderchicken

Quote from: jtsmith3 on April 07, 2020, 10:23:01 AM

If you squeeze heavy shot more than .620 than it performs very poorly.
Chase