OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kentucky non resident will I be allowed to hunt this spring

Started by bghunter777, April 01, 2020, 02:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bghunter777

any word on Kentucky public land I live in Indiana but plan to come down and hunt Kentucky public. To ease your mind I will be sleeping in my truck and keeping my fingers crossed not seeing other hunters :)

kp3100

As of now, all the WMA's are still open.  Where abouts are you looking to go?

bghunter777

I have a few different WMA that I have hunted over the years likely in the North Central/East My only concern was the governor order restricting residents from traveling I am assuming that apply to non res coming in. I will be about as low contact as a human could be it would only be if some law enforcement official takes his directive out of context.  I don't even plan to use a public bathroom or get within 100 yards of another human or public surface.

kp3100

I know the order just put in place, was for Kentuckians traveling out of the state, need to self quarantine for two weeks upon their return to Ky.   Not sure on non-residents coming in.  Seems that would be hard to police/enforce.

Cowboy

Need to check on KY. I thought it wanted nonresidents to stay out. CNN had an article on it but who trusts CNN?? I'd double check though. I'm from Illinois and was thinking about hopping the river this year but doesn't look like it us going to happen.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Cowboy on April 01, 2020, 03:52:52 PM
Need to check on KY. I thought it wanted nonresidents to stay out. CNN had an article on it but who trusts CNN?? I'd double check though. I'm from Illinois and was thinking about hopping the river this year but doesn't look like it us going to happen.
I was just informed that regardless of having a license and if the season is still open come mid april I can be pulled over and fined just for entering MD as a non resident per their governors newest orders.

I haven't gotten to read up and confirm it as fact but I'm getting concerned the states who's seasons are yet to come are going to get a very very bleak season

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kylongspur88

I would highly encourage you to contact kdfwr. There are new orders coming out daily and not all of them are clearly communicated. The governor did mention turkey season in his adress tonight but didn't give any specifics.

If I'm not on private land I also hunt some wmas in North Central part of the state and have for the past 20 years.

bghunter777

I'm just a good ole boy who doesn't watch the news maybe its better to ask forgiveness than permission

KentuckyLB

Quote from: bghunter777 on April 02, 2020, 09:06:33 AM
I'm just a good ole boy who doesn't watch the news maybe its better to ask forgiveness than permission

I agree as stated. I live in Kentucky and after the first week here I am heading to Missouri for 10 days one way or another.

kyturkeyhunter4

I would contact KDFR to be on the safe side on that. I live here in Kentucky and I fish a lot of bass tournaments and I know we had to shut down a bunch of tournaments we fish in and most of the boat docks are close already because of the corona virus. I don't know if they would allow people coming in from other states or not I would contact them on that I wouldn't won't to be breaking any laws. I know youth season comes in this Saturday and they where saying just to take kids that only lives in your household hunting. I usally take my neighbors son because he don't hunt and I won't be able to take him now he is all disappointed. I do know that most of the camp grounds are close already

Kylongspur88

Indiana Illinois and Ohio are all under stay at home orders so I don't think you'll be going anywhere. Buddy who lives in Indy was coming down this weekend but not anymore.

And to be totally honest at this point I don't really want anyone coming here until this is over. And that's not a slight to out of state guys. I'm not going to your home so don't come to mine.

bghunter777

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on April 02, 2020, 12:56:49 PM
Indiana Illinois and Ohio are all under stay at home orders so I don't think you'll be going anywhere. Buddy who lives in Indy was coming down this weekend but not anymore.

And to be totally honest at this point I don't really want anyone coming here until this is over. And that's not a slight to out of state guys. I'm not going to your home so don't come to mine.

I'm amused somewhat but your assurance that I won't be going anywhere as I can say with equal conviction as you that I will be going somewhere although don't worry I will be camping out of my truck and not stopping during my 3 hour commute down. I will be driving likely after dark on Friday evening and be parked at the end of a very remote dirt road.

Kylongspur88

Quote from: bghunter777 on April 02, 2020, 01:42:40 PM

I'm amused somewhat but your assurance that I won't be going anywhere as I can say with equal conviction as you that I will be going somewhere although don't worry I will be camping out of my truck and not stopping during my 3 hour commute down. I will be driving likely after dark on Friday evening and be parked at the end of a very remote dirt road.

I'd check your wma rules. No camping allowed on most of them. The ones that do allow it like otter creek require you to camp in designated campgrounds. If you do come down here do us a favor and don't touch anything

bghunter777

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on April 02, 2020, 02:09:54 PM

I'd check your wma rules. No camping allowed on most of them. The ones that do allow it like otter creek require you to camp in designated campgrounds. If you do come down here do us a favor and don't touch anything

I will be sleeping in my truck not sure that would qualify as camping or not but don't worry I wont be touching anything other than my own possessions. I did spend almost $250 for the license to hunt turkeys for what will likely be one or two weekends.

Kylongspur88

Quote from: bghunter777 on April 02, 2020, 03:38:58 PM
Quote from: Kylongspur88 on April 02, 2020, 02:09:54 PM

I will be sleeping in my truck not sure that would qualify as camping or not but don't worry I wont be touching anything other than my own possessions. I did spend almost $250 for the license to hunt turkeys for what will likely be one or two weekends.

Your going to do what your going to.. just know that our governor issued another order today saying all out of state travelers who enter the state, not just passing through, must self quarantine for 14 says. In these times, regardless of whether you spent $250, we all have to do our part.

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/WATCH-LIVE-Gov-Beshears-COVID-19-update-569325631.html