Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

#2 down a upgrade

Started by 3bailey3, March 29, 2020, 06:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

Well after not hearing anything off the roost I finally got one to gobble at about 9 this morning but he drifted off so I made a move on him and caught up to him and some hens were cutting and yelping and he was on fire, I got to calling and I thought he was coming but I then see the hens fly up in a tree and he stops gobbling. After about 30 minutes I watch hens pitch down and walk off, so I walk up to where the gobbler had been and a bird flies out of a tree, I thought it was the gobbler but as he flew off, the bird gobbled right where I had been set up. I thought I might be good because I was where he had been gobbling and after my first call he hammers, second call he has gotten closer, I put the call down and I soon hear drumming, then a crow flies over and he hammers and I see him at 60 yards. For the next hour he gobbles, struts and drums but never takes a step. Then I see him fold his wing and he is headed my way, he steps out from behind a tree at 35 steps and I take him at 10:54, good bird a upgrade for me. 

harleytom

Way to hang with him. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FullChoke

Man, you are lucky AND good! Congratulations, Dwayne.

Cheers  ;D

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

paintbrush

yelpaholic

3seasons

Congrats, bet that was a looooonnnngggg hour.

paintbrush