OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many?

Started by ManfromGreenSwamp, March 24, 2020, 09:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cut N Run

None. About 7 years ago, I got busted by some hens and a jake when I was texting with a few buddies who were also turkey hunting.  One was on his own property 3 counties away, one was in Kentucky, and one was in Georgia.  I looked up from the screen and had 4 pairs of eyes on me.  They scrambled off putting and I quit texting when I was hunting.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

falltoms

Never. I wouldn't think of pulling my phone out when working on a gobbler. That's asking for it, besides your supposed to be paying attention. Best solution is leave phone in your vehicle.

fallhnt

Nope.....naps have saved a few

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

rakkin6

Well

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

rakkin6

Okay

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

rakkin6

Honestly probably missed more deer than turkey

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Harty

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Spurs Up on March 24, 2020, 07:27:53 PM
Once. I was reading some pithy and profound comment from LaLongbeard. Mesmerized, I looked up from the screen and got busted. Evened the score that afternoon...

At least you got busted doing something worth while. I sometime read your post while I'm on the toilet...reminds me why I'm there.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Tom007

I probably would have, but most of my spots have bad cell service....... :turkey2:

fl panhandler

0, none, nada. Phone stays muted and out of mind. I seldom use it at all where I hunt because of spotty service anyhow.
Rick

Howie g

Never messed up a turkey hunt that I can recall , but I do recall checking out a pic a ole gal friend sent me a few years back , cost me a shot at a big ole buck ????

dublelung

Not due to being on Old Gobbler but several years ago I was able to hunt most mornings. I had to make sure my son was up in time to catch the bus so I'd been texting and calling him for about 20 minutes with no luck on a reply. I had 2 gobblers about 75 yards away and slowly but surely strutting toward me. Safety was off and barrel was in the vicinity of where the gobblers were when my phone which was in my shirt pocket started vibrating, reflex jerk! Shotgun fired! Gobblers flew!

sbbow

Quote from: fallhnt on March 25, 2020, 04:55:52 AM
Nope.....naps have saved a few

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
X2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

Not yet, and I killed a bird last year late in the day while I was listening to Joe Rogans podcast, I started listening to it on a drive to another property and just got too into it.  Luckily it didn't cost me that bird!

And i had it on speaker, no head phones.

chipper

Quote from: THattaway on March 24, 2020, 11:39:10 AM
Never messed up due to being logged into the internet but my wife has unreal timing abilities with texting.
Ain't that the truth!!!!