OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lonnie Mabry Box FS

Started by StruttinGobbler3, March 23, 2020, 10:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Selling a brand new walnut/Spanish cedar box call by Lonnie Mabry, unpersonalized. Only been taken out one time on a scouting trip. Mint condition. As many of you know, Lonnie will not ship calls, you must personally go to his shop to get one. For those of you who are too far away to drive to him, this could be a rare grab for you. I'd like 75tyd. Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Fisher62

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StruttinGobbler3

SOLD

Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Sir-diealot

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on March 23, 2020, 10:48:52 PM
SOLD

I knew that would not last long, would have been mine if I had the funds. Congratulations to the new owner.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

StruttinGobbler3

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 23, 2020, 10:49:58 PM
SOLD

I knew that would not last long, would have been mine if I had the funds. Congratulations to the new owner.
Yes sir, great man as well. He loves to talk turkey, you can pick up a lot of valuable tips by listening to his stories. I think next time I'm up his way I'm going to pick up one of his purpleheart and cedar boxes.

Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Sir-diealot

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on March 23, 2020, 10:58:22 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 23, 2020, 10:49:58 PM
SOLD

Yes sir, great man as well. He loves to talk turkey, you can pick up a lot of valuable tips by listening to his stories. I think next time I'm up his way I'm going to pick up one of his purpleheart and cedar boxes.

I have heard that about his stories time and again and would love to make it there some day. I also understand that Billy Buice is only 15 minutes away and that would make a special day even more special.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

StruttinGobbler3

Yes sir. That's another stop I need to make too when I'm there. I'd like another one of his trumpets while he's still making them.

Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Sir-diealot

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on March 23, 2020, 11:02:02 PM
Yes sir. That's another stop I need to make too when I'm there. I'd like another one of his trumpets while he's still making them.

I want to get a tulipwood from him but it is going to have to wait until after June of 2021 as I am saving for a trip to OK to visit family and hunt Rio's next Spring. From all I have read I think I will want a screw in mouthpiece.

John Koenig:

BigSlam51

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 23, 2020, 11:04:37 PM

I want to get a tulipwood from him but it is going to have to wait until after June of 2021 as I am saving for a trip to OK to visit family and hunt Rio's next Spring. From all I have read I think I will want a screw in mouthpiece.
Mr. Billy does not have anymore tulipwood

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: BigSlam51 on March 24, 2020, 04:16:24 AM

It would seem he could get more?

John Koenig:

BigSlam51

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 24, 2020, 05:48:37 AM

Last I heard from him was that he couldn't. Its really hard to find tulipwood in trumpet size blanks.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: BigSlam51 on March 24, 2020, 06:50:28 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 24, 2020, 05:48:37 AM

Last I heard from him was that he couldn't. Its really hard to find tulipwood in trumpet size blanks.

That's incredibly depressing.

John Koenig:

Spitten and drummen

Correct. He had 2 pieces left when I ordered mine. I have one now. He said no more tulipwood or Lignum Vitae. Glad I got both when I did.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Bullet1

Hate I missed out on this pretty box

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 24, 2020, 02:07:35 PM
Correct. He had 2 pieces left when I ordered mine. I have one now. He said no more tulipwood or Lignum Vitae. Glad I got both when I did.
That's heartbreaking, that is all I have wanted to have him make one for me out of. I wonder if I could find a piece on my own and send it to him? I mean none of this is going to happen until after I get back from OK next year anyway.

John Koenig: