turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Illinois DNR Shutting Down State Lands

Started by Gobble!, March 15, 2020, 04:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg90MN

Man I hope MN doesn't do this. It's been on my mind recently...

I mean in a sense the woods is the one place where there is no Coronavirus.

Cowboy

I live in Illinois and this jerk Gov we got is on a power trip. I'm a truck driver whis home every night but I travel to 5 different states around me daily. What's going to happen with that you think?

rakkin6

My wife is from Illinois and her family still lives there. We live in Tennessee on the Kentucky border just north of Nashville. The governor of Illinois has also shut down all restaurants and bars in the state, my in-laws own two small diners in Manteno and Kankakee this is definitely going to have a significant impact on them and their small staff of employees. So far on Tennessee the governor is leaving it up to each individual town/city/county on which actions to take. Honestly I can not for the life of me figure out how someone that is fishing or hunting is going to spread or catch Coronavirus. Most people go by themselves or with one other person, people that are hunting and fishing have "social distanced" themselves more than anyone else. People need to stop freaking out and hoarding items, still not sure why a respiratory issue would cause you to need 150 rolls of toilet paper for two weeks. The media is getting out of hand with this stuff also I just stopped watching it altogether, at this point all they are doing is spreading fear. Sorry for the rant guys
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

renegade19

fallhnt

It's not about keeping us out of the woods. If the state sites are shut down,you are not allowed in. Not the first time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

LaLongbeard

Y'all have me worried, not about the virus but with my state being as stupid as they are on a normal day what will happen if they find out about Illinois closing public land? I have never violated a hunting law, never found a reason to. But they gonna have to start a special task force to follow me everywhere if they plan on stopping me from hunting.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Mossberg90MN

I hope it ends before the season starts for you guys.

Liljake

Illinois closing game lands due to covid 19 epitomizes the phrase "you're never too old to learn something stupid"
They should be encouraging people to get outside, hike and enjoy the outdoors or visit the Metro Parks.
Ignorant politicians making dumb decisions...
I Love matching wits with a bird that has a brain the size of a peanut.

falltoms

Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 16, 2020, 03:13:55 PM
Y'all have me worried, not about the virus but with my state being as stupid as they are on a normal day what will happen if they find out about Illinois closing public land? I have never violated a hunting law, never found a reason to. But they gonna have to start a special task force to follow me everywhere if they plan on stopping me from hunting.
me too

buzzardroost

Guess my tag I've paid for will be useless if this lasts until 4th season.

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

camotoe

A guy that works for me had his wife get shut down. City of Fort Lauderdale  last week . Today they told her to show up for work tomorrow.  Works at the city tennis court . Now all court time paid on line . Reservations set on line . She points to the open court when they show up . Hope it works for us all .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

As others have pointed out, stopping activities such as hunting, which acts as one of the best methods of "social distancing", is illogical.  Illinois hunters, as well as all other outdoor recreational users, should be at this moment writing/calling/emailing the Governor and DNR and any other state agency that could have been involved in this action and DEMANDING that these closures be lifted. 

Organized outdoor groups across the state should be contacting their lawyers and preparing to file for an injunction against this.  Banning activities which would, by their very nature, help with the problem is irrational.  Band together and make it clear to your leadership that this is unacceptable and, if nothing else, will be remembered come election day!

Cowboy

Yeah what better way to " social distance" than hunting? We have wide open spaces? Once again bureaucracy at its finest. The outdoors isnt a crowded restaurant or bar.

Tom007