turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Single 410

Started by Southernson13, March 15, 2020, 11:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernson13

I have a NEF youth pardner 22" 410 from when I was a boy. There's not much input in the small gun category so I'm putting this here. I was thinking I might let my lady use it to get her first bird since she's recoil sensitive. Has anyone used one or patterned just for fun? What kind of pattern/range could I expect with federal TSS?

slicksbeagles1

If the gun is old and has sentimental value I would not shoot anything but lead! TSS might be rough on the barrel. Pattern it with lead it will surprise you!

Greg Massey

Agree, get some good lead shells and pattern the gun.

wvmntnhick

Send it to William and get it choked. Shoot whatcha want. Let it rip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey46

I'm setting up a new Stevens 301 .410 and used standard Federal lead loads to check point of impact.  In #6 they showed a decent full choke pattern out to 20 yards.  Past 25 the pattern was scary bad.  IMO a bird wounder.  When I replaced the factory full choke (which wasn't bad BTW) with a JEB'S Headhunter and Federal TSS # 9 or Apex 9 1/2 it became a different gun.  I won't now hesitate to take any reasonably ranged shot with it.  Your choice obviously on the TSS in your old gun.  I know I would not personally hunt turkey with a lead loaded .410.  Good luck.