turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What do you look for in a turkey?

Started by Here turkey turkey turkey, March 08, 2020, 02:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harty

The one that gives the best challenge working to the gun (Jakes excluded).

Brwndg

"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

mudhen

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Cutt

Cut N Run

First thing I look for is a full fan, then I start looking for a hole in the trees in the direction he's heading where I'll get my best shot, I also hope to see a swinging beard. Next, I like to see him cartwheel from the shot.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

R.W. Mackey

A GOBBLE, anything else is gravy.

RW
Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk

Tom007

The thrill of the hunt.....a gobbler that makes you reposition 10 times, plays hard to get, gobbles but reluctant to commit, shuts up, then lights up again when I clam up and finally, a hunt that lasts for over an hour and stays in our mind for ever. Be safe

falltoms

All the above.  Mostly MEAT. I haven't ate commercially raised Turkey in 20 years

Here turkey turkey turkey

Quote from: Tom007 on March 08, 2020, 07:24:10 PM
The thrill of the hunt.....a gobbler that makes you reposition 10 times, plays hard to get, gobbles but reluctant to commit, shuts up, then lights up again when I clam up and finally, a hunt that lasts for over an hour and stays in our mind for ever. Be safe

I had one last year gobble quite a bit for about 4 hours, I believe. I kept moving closer, closer, and then finally let him move the rest of the way in. I don't know if I ever have had one gobble for so long, I am not sure I would remember anyway, lol.
To disarm the people...Is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

Missouri hunter

I look for a big bright head to shoot... as long as it's a legal male turkey.
Sterling Custom Calls, making handcrafted box and trough calls.

Tom007

Kylongspur88

Any legal bird that works. Gobble like a man die like a man I say.

mhamby

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

TonyTurk

I prefer the birds that are ready and willing to die.  They are getting harder to find!