OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Virus Interfering With Spring Travel

Started by longbeards, March 07, 2020, 07:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeards

I hate to say this but I believe there is a chance that this dam virus could affect my spring travel plans!!
I hope not but only time will tell.
What our your thoughts?
Thanks for all the messages about conditions around the turkey hunting world. I think as a traveling spring hunter it would be a good idea to start a new topic, Reports of traveling conditions during the Virus Outbreak. I have communicated with several hunters who are now starting there spring and hunting!! I hope to leave the 15th for Kentucky and end the season in Maine....BUT that is a great big if right now! With that said if you are traveling or hunting at home, please post what the conditions are like in regard to restrictions and conditions.
Call them up close and shoot them in the face!! AND STAY SAFE, longbeards

USMC0331

If your driving just take the necessary precautions.  Wash them hands and stay away from large groups of people. As for me its on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

davisd9

We hitting the road April 17 and not looking back!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

neal

Be in Texas in 12 days. And was in the Bahamas last week. Hitting a bunch of states this spring as well.

Haven't given it any thought

Neal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

falltoms

I'm hunting 6 states this spring.  You can't stop living.

bbcoach

If your flying, I would think about CANCELLING!  If your driving, maybe not so much.

SinGin

If your flying you might end up getting some of the cheapest flights ever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hughesjr60

We all die sometime lol. I haven't put anything into it at all. We'll  be in Alabama in 2 weeks camping. Doing some family stuff for the first couple days and then my wife has given me the full blessing to hunt, at least in the mornings! I'm excited because that's a month before our season comes in, in Indiana.

Old Gobbler

My dad always use to say the saying  "Close the gate after the horse ran off "

You didnt have to be Nostradamus to predict this disaster ---this is not the first time a virus like this this has happened,  and originated from " Peoples Republic of China " they have simply got to clean up thier act and stop eating illegally trafficked wildlife , and standardize sanitary animal processing , enough is enough

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Crghss

May 9 going to Blacks Hills come hell or high water.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

StruttinGobbler3

All you fellas traveling to hunt this spring, hit me up. I have a good supplier and plenty of product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

owlhoot

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 07, 2020, 10:30:24 PM
My dad always use to say the saying  "Close the gate after the horse ran off "

You didnt have to be Nostradamus to predict this disaster ---this is not the first time a virus like this this has happened,  and originated from " Peoples Republic of China " they have simply got to clean up thier act and stop eating illegally trafficked wildlife , and standardize sanitary animal processing , enough is enough
You got that right, plus they say our CDC can't go in , lie about totals and deaths more than likely. Let people travel all over for a while after they had a lot of cases at least according to various media.

Cutt

Hopefully this thing doesn't get out of hand and resides quickly, although it could get ugly? Guess it depends on one's profession how much you are concerned?

I'm concerned being a Aviation Mechanic for a major airline. I know one major airline has already parked numerous planes and asked many employee's to take unpaid leave, just hope ours doesn't, but time will tell?  Seems like many are cancelling outings, meetings, etc. which hurts the airlines, and if it lingers too long, the effect just trickles down to other businesses eventually, so I'm hoping it is short lived?

Tom007

Great post, keep going my friends. I haven't heard of any gobblers testing positive, so we are safe.... :turkey2:
"Solo hunter"

gergg

Media/political hype & fear, every 2-3 years, that's why they call it programming. Divide & conquer is their game, we are all the manipulated pawns.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls