turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I Just Solved the Turkey Chair Problem.

Started by StruttinGobbler3, March 07, 2020, 02:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Y'all are welcome. The biggest complaint with the gobbler chairs has been weight, although everybody loves the comfort. Well here you go. The alps elite mountaineering chair. Made of aluminum instead of steel, only weighs a little over 4 pounds. Throw some backpack straps on it and run n gun til you drop. To answer the inevitable question, yes I have noticed it is orange. But I have spray paint and some redneck ingenuity, and once it arrives it will become camo. I have my own custom camo pattern- "South Georgia Rattlecan Loblolly Pine Tree Briar Thicket". Patent pending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Ondavirg

I bought the alps Mountaineering low chair.  It's only a shade over 2 pounds.  You have to put it together though, but I leave it put together once I'm in the woods.  It's more comfortable than my gobbler chair, and not that difficult to carry around over my shoulder once it's put together.  I did cut the lower legs a little shorter to make it sit lower to the ground. It is blue, and regular clothing dye was ineffective in turning it black. Let me know how the spray paint holds up.

antnye

:mycross:
Quote from: Ondavirg on March 07, 2020, 02:19:03 PM
I bought the alps Mountaineering low chair.  It's only a shade over 2 pounds.  You have to put it together though, but I leave it put together once I'm in the woods.  It's more comfortable than my gobbler chair, and not that difficult to carry around over my shoulder once it's put together.  I did cut the lower legs a little shorter to make it sit lower to the ground. It is blue, and regular clothing dye was ineffective in turning it black. Let me know how the spray paint holds up.

I've been using a helinox backpacking chair similar to this one for the last 4 years. 1.9 lbs you can't even tell your carrying it. I leash it to my vest with a heavy duty fly fishing net magnet. No need for a strap.

SinGin

Midway USA has some on sale also

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gamblinman

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on March 07, 2020, 02:01:45 PM
Y'all are welcome. The biggest complaint with the gobbler chairs has been weight, although everybody loves the comfort. Well here you go. The alps elite mountaineering chair. Made of aluminum instead of steel, only weighs a little over 4 pounds. Throw some backpack straps on it and run n gun til you drop. To answer the inevitable question, yes I have noticed it is orange. But I have spray paint and some redneck ingenuity, and once it arrives it will become camo. I have my own custom camo pattern- "South Georgia Rattlecan Loblolly Pine Tree Briar Thicket". Patent pending.

You do know that they make a camo version of this same chair?

Alps Vanish
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

StruttinGobbler3

Quote from: Gamblinman on March 08, 2020, 10:32:02 AM
Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on March 07, 2020, 02:01:45 PM

You do know that they make a camo version of this same chair?

Alps Vanish
Difference is in the frame. The vanish chair uses a steel frame and weighs over 7 pounds. The mountaineering chair is aluminum and weighs a little over 4 pounds.

John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

mhamby

I keep a small Torges seat in my vest if I think it'll be that long of a sit. I use a strap or two from an old tree stand safety harness to attach it to the tree.
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Dtrkyman

Look up Lafuma low chair, bought one on back country, under 3lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camotoe

They have them black and green on  at  R E I - 4.9 #

howl

Quote from: camotoe on March 09, 2020, 02:47:35 PM
They have them black and green on  at  R E I - 4.9 #

Sent Alps Outdoorz a message on fb asking if they plan to offer a turkey version of that one. Might just get one and rattle can it.

jonathan creason

I found a used one on ebay a couple of years ago and it works like a champ.  Rattle can paint job did the trick to camo it out.

fordhunt

I bought one at Wal-Mart in camo looks just like that .but I believe it weighs more than 4lbs .

camotoe

I got about 4 years from my turkey lounger but the legs are rusting out . The aluminium should be nice. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk