OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Name Ideas

Started by StruttinGobbler3, March 05, 2020, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Need some help here. I've started making my own mouth calls, and surprisingly they're turning out pretty good. I wanted to give them a name for fun, and to make them look more professional as I'll be giving them out to friends. I'm trying to come up with a name that points back to my Christian faith. My first idea was conviction calls, which is already being used. Then the next idea was redemption calls, which is also being used already. Does anyone have any ideas for a Biblical turkey call name? Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Candyman

Trinity Calls

Father, Son, Holy Ghost

Sir-diealot

Plymouth Turkey Calls Gives homage to the Pilgrims first Thanksgiving and the Christian roots. I also like it because it makes me think of MOPAR's

By the way Trinity is kinda already taken. (I do like it though) Trinity Wood Game Calls https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Sports---Recreation-Venue/Trinity-Wood-Game-Calls-117777571651875/
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

hotspur

Nathan_Wiles

Genesis 10:9
"Like Nimrod a mighty hunter before the Lord"

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

StruttinGobbler3

Good name, but Genesis is already taken

Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Nathan_Wiles

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on March 05, 2020, 12:51:02 PM
Good name, but Genesis is already taken

How about Nimrod?
It gets misused by some but Biblical reference is that he was the first of the mighty men after the flood and viewed as a mighty hunter by the Lord.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

g8rvet

Nimrod is good, but would expect it to be taken.  That was my first thought too. 

Psalm 118 v 24.  This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.   

I say this as a prayer before the hunt starts in the morning.  Just glad to be in His creation and enjoying the pursuit. Not sure how to make that a name for a call though. That was where my mind went.

Do you have a favorite verse that speaks to your heart?
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

g8rvet

Grace Calls-how sweet the sound! (from Amazing Grace). 

Psalm 100 - Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.

Ichthys (or Ichthus) Calls:  the secret early Christian sign of the fish

Calvary Calls

Resurrection Calls

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tom007

God Given Game Calls

StruttinGobbler3

Quote from: g8rvet on March 05, 2020, 01:09:32 PM
Nimrod is good, but would expect it to be taken.  That was my first thought too. 

Psalm 118 v 24.  This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.   

I say this as a prayer before the hunt starts in the morning.  Just glad to be in His creation and enjoying the pursuit. Not sure how to make that a name for a call though. That was where my mind went.

Do you have a favorite verse that speaks to your heart?
I agree Nimrod is a good one, but it's unfortunate people have twisted that name to have a negative connotation or insult. I have multiple verses that are dear to me. I'd have to say one of my favorites is in Hebrews, "For God has said, never will I leave you; I will never forsake you". This speaks to me as it was extremely helpful to me during a difficult time in my life.

Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Loyalist84

"Maccabee" Game Calls could be a good one! "Puts the Hammer down on Tom" or something of the like and a good, choppy-sounding name. Unsure of its availability though!

Papa

REVELATION Game calls.

hotspur

I always liked Ephesian 5-15-16