OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Carcass carrier  (Read 1216 times)

Online FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Carcass carrier
« on: March 03, 2020, 03:19:47 PM »
When everything works right, we will be faced with the task of having to move the body from the scene of the crime...back to the truck. What gear, if any, do you use to hoist the late king of the woods and stride back to your vehicle with that satisfying swagger of success? Tote, body bag, rear vest pouch or the Daniel Boone leg-bone-over-the-shoulder-cutting-you-in-half move?

On a related note, if you use a turkey tote, please zero out your scale with just the tote on it prior to weighing the bird or remove it and tie a small piece of string to his legs so that we are getting an accurate weight photographic scoring. I have seen some totes made of leather with welded steel rings that would certainly bump the weight up a fair bit.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline TKE921

Re: Carcass carrier
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 06:20:04 PM »
I use a wonderful tote, made by the best team captain on OG

Offline 3seasons

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 12:58:42 AM »
I’ve got a few. I had one that was made out of paracord and it had some bad juju on it. I toted that thing for a month and a half and never sat down on a bird.  Took it out of my vest one morning and killed a fine Ohio gobbler about an hour later.  I gave it away.   
Got a guy I work with that made me a replacement out off paracord. 

I’ve got two leather totes made by Brian(Moonshine leather works) and they are super nice. One is a strap tote the other is a leg tote.   The strap has 3Seasons on it the foot tote was given to my by my traveling buddy Bradley and it has my initials on one side and Brian’s stamp on the other.  It got broke in opening day of youth season.

Offline paintbrush

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 09:43:53 PM »
Most of the time I put him in the vest rear game pouch. Occasionally I will throw one over the shoulder if I'm on private property and it's a short walk back to the truck. Also, I will put a head topper on the bird to try and keep most of the blood off of the back of me.

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 09:51:58 PM »
I got this one on here.