OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help with Youth Vests

Started by rdjustham, February 28, 2020, 04:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdjustham

Looking to get my son a vest.  he will be 11 and is almost 5' and weighs in a little over 100lbs. The only two ive been able to find online are the lucky bums and readhead.  Anyone have any pros or cons, likes/dislikes or other suggestions?

Big Jeremy

I put my daughter in a K&H RNG vest last year. I was able to cinch it down enough to fit her adequately. Those things are super adjustable.

ejhandler

I would look hard at the RNG-200, tons of adjustment built into them.  I don't like a baggy vest at all, I am only 5-10, 170ish and can get that vest skin tight and there is still room to adjust.

rdjustham

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i think the price is gonna rule that one out though.  The local bass pro is really all we have for local places to buy hunting stuff and they dont carry hardly anything so id have to order something.  All he is going to be carrying is a potcall, striker, thermo cell and gloves and mask.  Honestly he could just put the stuff in his pockets but he wants to be like dad.  Gues i could always keep an eye on the classifieds.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ejhandler

Quote from: rdjustham on March 03, 2020, 05:48:20 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, i think price is gonna rule that one out though.  The local bass pro is really all we have for local places to buy hunting stuff and they dont carry hardly anything so id have to order something.  All he is going to be carrying is a potcall, striker, thermo cell and gloves and mask.  Honestly he could just put the stuff in his pockets but he wants to be like dad.  Gues i could always keep an eye on the classifieds.

Keep your eye on the RNG 200 on Amazon. I picked another one up this winter for under $40. It dropped that low a couple other times before in purchased it.Might be too late to find a good sale this close to season but could be an option for next year.

Dtrkyman

Fanny pack.

I got my ring 200 for 35 bux or so on Amazon a while back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk