turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fixed Full Choke - TSS

Started by Buckman18, February 19, 2020, 09:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckman18

I have an old Winchester model 370 12 gauge that I recently refinished. It has a 30 or 32 inch barrel with a full choke.

Has anyone ever tried TSS in one of these or a similar setup? Just wanted to pick yalls brain before making that investment.

crow

I hunt with an old savage single shot 20ga that has a fixed full choke, with TSS or the old Federal HVWT it shoots very good hunting patterns well past 40 yds.

A lot of the older fixed full chokes shoot tighter patterns than what you may be used to with the more modern screw in full chokes.

Gooserbat

I'm not a betting man but I'd wager it will shoot killing patterns farther with tss than it ever would with lead.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Buckman18

Good deal. Sounds like itd be worth it! Thank you, both!

@Gooserbat, im glad you responded. Ive never met you but I keep reading about some awesome calls you make. Expect to get an order from me soon for a couple of mouth calls. I like them easier to play, which ones should I order?

Gooserbat

My calls are known for being easy to play.  The JB Bat takes more air than y rest.  The Ice only takes a whisper. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.