turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I just realized something...

Started by Happy, February 18, 2020, 11:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

My camo most days doesn't match. No wonder I am not taken seriously as a Turkey hunter.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Old Timer

guesswho

You should be ok with that, unless you post hero shots on that Facebook thing I've heard about.   I hear they have a pretty strict dress code. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

That's the Swedish army camo look.. Happy you know that camo had nothing to do with killing that turkey, it was your calling, woodsmanship and patience's ...and that old 12 gauge you have been using for years..

Happy

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 18, 2020, 12:35:38 PM
That's the Swedish army camo look.. Happy you know that camo had nothing to do with killing that turkey, it was your calling, woodsmanship and patience's ...and that old 12 gauge you have been using for years..
Actually I think the turkey probably got into some fermented berry seeds and it was closing time at the bar. That's probably what did him in. And if memory serves me right it was about a 20 yard shot so I think concussion from the old 12 alone did the trick.

Happy

Quote from: guesswho on February 18, 2020, 12:33:47 PM
You should be ok with that, unless you post hero shots on that Facebook thing I've heard about.   I hear they have a pretty strict dress code.
Never tangled with facebook. Dont plan on it either. From my limited knowledge it's a lot of work trying to be awesome enough to compete and I ain't gonna try.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Happy on February 18, 2020, 11:51:36 AM
My camo most days doesn't match. No wonder I am not taken seriously as a Turkey hunter.
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

strum

You'll never kill a turkey wearing that garb. Get with it man!!!  :angel9:

StruttinGobbler3

Seriously man? If you don't have matching bottomland camo you're gonna run off gobblers. They'll see you from a hundred yards, and realize that's a turkey hunter with mismatched camo. You think the Indians hunted wearing mismatched animal hides? They knew if they mixed a rabbit and a deer they would go hungry. And you better switch to matching mossy oak obsession in the late season or you might as well stay home and read a NWTF magazine. Didn't anybody teach you how to kill turkeys?
Disclaimer- anyone who took this post of mine seriously, please sell your calls and shotgun. You're a danger to the rest of us. That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 18, 2020, 01:55:42 PMDisclaimer- anyone who took this post of mine seriously, please sell your calls and shotgun. You're a danger to the rest of us. That is all.
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Gobble!

No wonder all you kill is 2 year olds  :goofball:

Happy

Quote from: warrent423 on February 18, 2020, 03:43:52 PM
Dude, looking way too serious.
Been that way since I was a kid. Before it was cool.

Happy

Quote from: Gobble! on February 18, 2020, 03:08:39 PM
No wonder all you kill is 2 year olds  :goofball:
You forget my penchant for broken spurred gobblers as well.

MDbowman

But you have facepaint. Doesn't get any more serious than that.

crow

Happy, is that decoy that you hold up in front of you and walk around the woods with?

if it is you might stretch his fan out wider and maybe put some feathers on your pants legs to blend in better