turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I've gone and done it.

Started by hobbes, May 09, 2011, 03:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

I swore I wouldn't be able to make it to NE this year, but its started to look very possible.  It looks like we could go and hunt the 28th-31st.  Its definitely late season turkey hunting, but its worked out well for us the last couple years.  

The last two years I've made reservations for the last weekend (Memorial Day Weekend) well ahead of time.  Well this year its too late and the location we've been staying is booked up.  They did have an opening for Sunday and Monday night, so I've went and done it............I booked the cabin for those two nights and will have to figure out where we'll stay Friday and Saturday night.   If we are really lucky someone will cancel those two nights and we can grab another cabin or end up in the same one for four nights.

I lose all brain functions when it comes to turkeys except for the ones that operate a turkey call and pulls the trigger on a shotgun.  These darn turkeys, hunting in general, will put me in the poor house before I die.

barry

Quote from: hobbes on May 09, 2011, 03:35:49 PM
I lose all brain functions when it comes to turkeys except for the ones that operate a turkey call and pulls the trigger on a shotgun.  These darn turkeys, hunting in general, will put me in the poor house before I die.

Sure is fun though ain't it

LX_Trkyhntr

:you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:  Good luck!!  I wish I could get on one more hunt this spring!!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

wangchung0121

hobbes

LX.........You can sleep under or in my truck in NE........the beds are ours.  Just pack up and point yourself northwest.  Considering the price of gas, it may be cheaper to box yourself up and have your wife ship you next day to NE..........I'll send you back when your finished.

I won't even be upset (not too much anyway) if we don't kill a single bird.  Its just nice to walk around in green grass and hunt.

hobbes

That reminds me........I've got to put an order in to Hooks for a replacement to the one that I left in the truck to dry out for just a little too long in this UV infested high altitude sunshine.   I'm accepting financial donations for this problem I have.............just send cash donations to...................

hoyt

I read an article many, many, yrs. ago in Field & Stream magazine about turkey hunting. A guy was warning another guy about spring gobbler hunting. He said it had cost him his job, his home and his family....but it was worth it

hobbes

I don't intend to lose my family, but home and job is a possibility.   ;D
Too bad turkey hunting doesn't pay as well as engineering.

I did just reserve a hotel room for the first two nights.  Wife and kids, especially Isaac, are all on board, so I guess the family remains together.

I'll probably be rewarded with four rainy days for being so foolish...............but I've killed birds in the rain before.  ;D

spaightlabs

Shane I hope you took darn good care of your wife on Mother's day - Lord, she must be a freaking saint!

hobbes

Spaight....................she isn't far from it.  She mentioned Hawai yesterday.  I told her that I'd take her to Hawai if I could hunt turkeys like Executioner did this year..........she agreed.  Too bad there is no way I could afford that trip.

I should add that she is willing to go almost anywhere if its likely to be warmer and greener than 10,000 ft in Leadville.  It's been a wintry mix of precipitation today, so anyplace sounds good to her now.

I usually don't hunt the afternoons in NE, but instead spend that time with the family, so that wins me some points.

spaightlabs

Heck - Glenwood, Newcastle, Rifle, Fruita...all a lot warmer than Leadville - gonna be a loooong time before y'all feel much like summer up there this year.  500 plus inches of snow is a lot of snow.

njdevilsb

Good luck on your late season hunt.  Any time you can spend in the turkey woods is a good time.

Now that I've tagged out, I'd give almost anything to get to go out and chase them somewhere else.  I'm hopefully going to add and extra state or 2 next year, even if I have to go by myself.

dodger

Quote from: LX_Trkyhntr on May 09, 2011, 04:01:10 PM
:you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:  Good luck!!  I wish I could get on one more hunt this spring!!

I've got 1 more hunt for ya... all you gotta do is go

Spring_Woods

Sounds like something I'd do. Hehe!
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

turkey slayer

Good luck, go bust some heads!