OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What is your favorite Wild Turkey print ? ( painting )

Started by King Cobra, February 14, 2020, 12:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Cobra

I personally like Al Agnew's "Sultans Sunrise" and  Ned Smith's "Autumn Fly Down"
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

RutnNStrutn

I've got a nice print called "On The Wagon" by Haydon Lambson.

Happy

It's not technically a print but it's a custom one my wife had made for me.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

I have one titled Tom Foolery that has some American Indian's bow hunting some turkey. I have seen 2 other calls by that name, one I do not remember other than I liked it and the other I really liked and would like to get, show's a little boy sitting against a tree wearing a coon skin cap with bare feet and playing a box call with a tom coming in over his shoulder and he has a big on grin on his face. No clue of the makers. I would have many NWTF prints if the walls in this house would hold them up. Edit: I went and found information on the print, here it is. "1992 National Wild Turkey Federation Sponsor Print "Tomfoolery" Eldridge Hardie" You can see a picture of it here but it is pretty dark. https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1992-national-wild-turkey-federation-521716808
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

joeturkey

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Yoder409

Quote from: King Cobra on February 14, 2020, 12:50:36 PM
I personally like Al Agnew's "Sultans Sunrise" and  Ned Smith's "Autumn Fly Down"

Two VERY solid choices.   Yep.

The Smith is actually tilted "Autumn Descent"

I have an AP of "Sultan's Sunrise" that I got straight from Al and his Mrs.  They had 2 left.  Looking way back, I wish I had bought them BOTH.   I have never, ever seen another one for sale anywhere............ Not talking an AP print.......... I mean ANY of them.   
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

SoDak_JD

Living in South Dakota these days, I'm looking to get Terry Redlin's turkey print "Strutting On In."

I also like https://www.mattdoylefineart.com/available-prints/

He's been active on some of the Facebook groups and has turkey one called "Morning Stroll."

eggshell

I have one called "Showin Off" by Spencer Williams in Tenn. He had a small shop outside Gatlinburg and I saw it and wanted one but didn't buy it. My wife later surprised me with one as a gift....It's a gobbler strutting with a hen laying in the grass behind him almost as a ghost. Has great detail

Gobbler428

" Last Dance" by Robert W Hickman

Fullfan

Don't gobble at me...

callmakerman

I like them all. Just don't have enough wall space. LOL

ncturkey

My favorite is "The show is over" by Randy McGovern.