OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2 Tn birds down, 2 to go!!!(UPDATED w/ pics)

Started by Trevor2, May 08, 2011, 10:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

Scored on my second bird of the year friday morning! Started out to a rough start, as I was still beat from working storm damage all week, and couldnt get out of bed. Finally hoaxed myself out of bed at 6 am and drove to my closest spot. (Which is where I killed my first bird this year) I got out of the car at 6:30 and had one gobble three times before I could get my vest and gun on. Started out after him and got set up and he shut up.  Sat and waited for about half hour seeing if he would come in silent, and nothing so I get up and head towards the field where these birds been strutting. Hit the box call and got one to answer who also shut up. So I'm standing there deciding to wait or try a different spot when I walked to where #1 bit the dust. I got there and hit the hoot owl and this ol joker bout blew my hat off. He was 60 yards down in the woods. I immediately jumped down against the only tree in the field and gave him a few soft yelps. No answer but I knew he was close. Sat and waited and called one more time when I heard them in the leaves. Finally a hen poked out to my right and I knew he was close. She fed for bout 15 mins and in to 10 yards, before I seen a big fan just over the rise. Took forever it seemed like before they both were behind a tree at same time, so I could spin. All it took after that was a couple clucks to make him drop strut and raise that big que ball and a squeeze of the trigger!!! First bird I have ever heard spit and drum. Didnt get a pic of the score card but he scored 61. 11  1/4 in beard, 1 in spurs and weighed 18.5 lbs definately tickled my feather. Had to be a short hunt too, bc me and the girl were headed to pegeon forge for the weekend, so that just jump started my weekend off to a great start.  :gobble: :fud: :gobble:
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc432/trevor2007/100_1754.jpg[/IMG]http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc432/trevor2007/100_1752.jpg[/IMG]
Strutstopper

BigHooks

Trevor2

Thanks, gonna try to get dad his first this weekend and then close my season with whatever is left lol three birds in three days, one for him and last two for me sounds pretty good for end of the season. dont ya think so lmao
Strutstopper

JVA54

cannonball

vaturkey

Vaturkey

Ky strutt n bust n

BOFF

Nice bird and hunt!!

Congrats !!!

God Bless,
David B.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Hognutz

Congrats.. Go get 'em, Trevor..Good luck..Mike   :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

turkey slayer