North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The Wait Sucks!

Started by davisd9, January 30, 2020, 01:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 04, 2020, 11:05:36 AM
Went fishing Sunday and found a few.

Yep, I'd say you did.  Great way to pass the time.

davisd9

Will have a busy February with family things and all so hopefully that helps speed time up a little.  Never one to ask time to go faster as it goes fast enough but I am ready for spring!

Also, I have made sure buying season is a huge success.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

I've stayed fairly tame so far. Davis9 turned me on to a deal on a new easy rider vest, didn't need it, but glad to have it. Bought 2 pounds of TSS and a new choke to try. Got my son a few pairs of hunting pants on sale last weekend. The real expensive stuff will start in a few weeks, buying out of state license and plane tickets, and all that entails traveling turkey hunting.

If weather permits I'll probably go fish at least one day this weekend and hope to roll up a few shells.

SCGobbler

I got my calls out too!  Got my vest out...  I'm tired of running with the kitchen sink in my vest.

I am going to try and slim down my  vest this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

Bowguy

I run calls almost all year except possibly during the rut. I've also been attempting to carry less.

Bowguy

Told ya I'm able to find things to do. I like this time of year. Especially this year. Snow has been light.
Buck rabbits are running giagantic circles.
Ran one last week 2-1/2 hrs before I decided to let him go n caught dogs off him.
Got some young dogs coming on strong.
Here's a buddy w a pup of mine not even 7 months old. Her first rabbit after maybe 45 min chase. She done good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirt road ninja

I fished Sunday and for most of the morning I could hear a few dogs running the marsh to my north. Sounded like they killed a few. Those pics might make me go kick a few bushes this weekend. Congrats on the pup doing well.

Bowguy

Thanks if you all were closer you could tag along anytime

davisd9

This is the last weekend of basketball for my oldest boy so hopefully I can get out and put some boots on the ground here soon.  Got some shells load the other week and hope to check everything next week or so.  We are getting close down here and I cannot wait!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

You need to go tie one to a tree for me.

davisd9

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 19, 2020, 09:27:01 AM
You need to go tie one to a tree for me.

I will but you have not told me when to have him ready.

dirt road ninja

I need to do that looking like early April, but we will chat many times before then.

dirt road ninja

Has the peacock been spotted again?

davisd9

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 19, 2020, 09:35:02 AM
Has the peacock been spotted again?

Not that I have heard. Gobbler group has shown though.

Terry

I won't start to end of April so I have time. Bought 3lbs of #8 to load, have a few new calls and been hitting the trumpet practice hard.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk