OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your Deadliest Turkey Call?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, January 27, 2020, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

I don't necessarily put all my faith in one call or calls .. but my old first production call i have used and killed a lot of turkeys with is my Lohman Thunder Dome slate, it goes on ever hunt..  Also I agree with GobbleNut , i've got one of those Booger Bottom walnut cedar boxes and i got it on clearance for 5 dollars , it what i use to gobble on and it has pulled a lot of turkeys out of the woods and fields...

hotspur

Big Jeremy

Quote from: warrent423 on January 27, 2020, 11:05:26 AM
scratching leaves

HA! Yep...about the best call there is!

As far as other calls, I, like many others, find myself using several different calls. As far as a box, my favorite is a close call between a wenge/poplar by Mark Six (Green's Run), and S&S walnut/butternut, but the Greens Run wenge/poplar seems to be more consistent.

Pots are tough because I have so many that I like...I have had a Matt Van Cise Aluminum in my vest every time I've been out for the last couple of seasons while others have rotated in and out. Got a Higher Calling red slate by Nathan Taylor after season ended last year, and I love the way it sounds...can't wait to see what the turkeys think.

Mouth calls...gotta be Gooserbat. Period. (I run a mouth call much more than anything else.)

guesswho

You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

StruttinGobbler3

Quote from: guesswho on January 27, 2020, 06:45:44 PM
You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you.
I'm very gullible. Try me. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

wchadw

Old lynch jet slate. Probably just for longevity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Pine

If I could only pick one it would be my lynch fool proof box that my dad bought me when I was around 15 years old. It has been in my vest for every turkey hunt I've been on since I got it. My dad to this day only carries a fool proof box and he has hauled a pile of turkeys out of the woods using that call.

The Southpaw

Iv'e got an old Cody Woodsman that has been the demise of quite a few gobblers, but I also really like the Halloran Twisted Sister. It's a toss up, really.

turkey_picker

My go to call is a Paul's Call box i've had for over 20 years.

notsure

Jester87

zsully

Last year was a Sweetbriar glass/slate. I don't know what it was about that call but man did it work. I have a feeling it'll be riding in the vest for a long time.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

RossAnderson

Quote from: zsully on January 27, 2020, 10:13:22 PM
Last year was a Sweetbriar glass/slate. I don't know what it was about that call but man did it work. I have a feeling it'll be riding in the vest for a long time.
Hey I hear ya. Travis's glass/slate ain't no joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Ross

MK M GOBL

My CODY World Class Slate!

Been a killer call for the last 20+ Years

MK M GOBL