OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NC pics..season is over... We really need more tags!

Started by tra_cline, May 08, 2011, 03:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tra_cline

If what I have always heard is true.......that 10% of hunters kill 90% of the birds and the other 90% of hunters kill basically nothing, I want more tags, they aren't using them! HAHA
With a very very reduced schedule from what my springs usually involve; We still tagged out, here are Mine and Megan's birds from this spring. Also another pic from the youth hunt we videoed.
Megan pics first of course...
#1 She took literally all day to get done on this bird and killed him with around 45 min of daylight left,  haven't found the SD card with the pics of this one so cell pix it is

#2 She slammed this bird at 12yrds after he strutted into us for 300yrds, She has become a pretty dang good hunter, she must have a GREAT TEACHER. haha

Brooke's youth day bird...... new #2 bird in state by female

Mine  from NC.....
#1 Casey and I didn't have anyone to video for the weekend, so we hit a field edge one afternoon and found this guy, I deflated him at 8 steps, we are 100% on kills when videoing together!

#2 Drum817, Mr. lets move; and I smashed this bird after he and 3 buddies molested the Floozie Deke's maybe he'll tell ya the story. Don't want to rub it in, but I was the only one that shot.... Great hunt thou, and Tim's a great guy!! Never thought I'd make hunting buddies from a web site but we have had some good hunts together.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

barry

njdevilsb

JVA54

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

catdaddy

Flydown

drum817

LOL....long story short....I wanted to move on these birds so we did....they circled us and when we sat back down Mr. Travis was in front... I wasn't gonna shoot past him so I layed down my gun, watched and help call a little bit.  It was a GREAT hunt, but, if we would have sayed put we would have both killed birds that day....OH WELL my fault.  OH, and for the record I did kill that turkeys twin brother !!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

CASH

Nice pics.  Congrats on a great season Travis
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

ncturkey

Travis, Great story. If you ever need someone that will not want to move so much i will go with and you can leave ole Tim at home. LOL

tra_cline

Mike that might be hard to do since we were hunting his farm...... but hey I do have it on my GPS now haha

flintlock

You musta' been packin a 40" barrell to kill them like that!   ;)

Way to go everyone!!

Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

cannonball