turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Am I over-thinking it?

Started by deerbasshunter3, January 26, 2020, 10:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobk

Hunted  in a pair of dungarees , a brown chore coat and a ball hat for  years. As long as I sat still and picked a good spot to sit never had a problem calling birds to the gun.  Camo does not conceal movement.

Cut N Run

I always look for the shady side of a tree to set up on more than anything.  I hunt in Bottomland most of the time, but being still is what matters the most.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

TheSportsman

Love mossy oak but there clothes suck. Fade horribly

Harty

Hunted without camo for a number of years and managed to kill my fair share. So yeah ...don't overthink   It. Wear what you have confidence in and then use the important skills to go Kill a turkey

Nathan_Wiles

I buy what I like and I like sales. I may even mix brands and patterns, the horror:);)
I look for function over pattern most of the time. I do like that some of the old patterns have been resurrected and I remember seeing realtree and bottomland back when and thinking "thats how you disappear, it's way better than this tiger stripe and woodland stuff" lol,
it all works perfectly if you can be still while he's eyeballing  you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

trkehunr93

I look like a discount bin in the woods, nothing matches.  I look for clothing that will last and will keep me warm when it's cool and cool when it's warm.  Sitting still kills turkeys. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catdaddy

Besides some Ole Tom gear I have, I couldn't tell the you name brand of the camo in my closet if my life depended on it.

limb_hanger

I pay most attention to the quality of the clothing over pattern per say. Having clothing that is dead silent for stalking and bowhunting needs really matters most and gives you an edge. I also look for fade resistant fabrics such as polyester versus cotton and like fabrics with stretchable qualities that enable me to move more freely and layer if needed. Also having different fabric weights to match the weather changes is critical

Not saying pattern can't play a role but definitely try to match the color to your environment so you don't stand out helps. Realtree edge and mossy oak country  are pretty universal patterns in my opinion that will work anywhere

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk