only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

shot today

Started by 3bailey3, March 04, 2021, 08:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

nice weather today so i got out to shoot today, first shot i thought was to low

3bailey3

moved it up a quarter turn, what yall think?

Vintage

That will sure kill a turkey.

fmf

owlhoot

Looks good. What is it?

3bailey3

benelli m2 26 inch barrel, sumtoy 562 and a sumtoy mount with a FF2, TSS Super shot 9"s at 40 yards.

owlhoot

looks like a great combo

g8rvet

"9's won't cleanly kill a turkey"
"you will have to pick shot out of the breast"
"a 20 is not enough gun"
"that pattern will be too tight at 15 yards"
"lead was good enough for my grand-daddy"
"how dead do you want 'em?"

I had a guy stop me in the forest to see what my little popgun was - it is a SA459 and he said it looked like a camo AR.  LOL.  He was very interested in the ballistics and patterns.  I showed him the results on my phone (of dead turkeys and pattern pics). Nice guy, fun talk.

LOL   Looks great.  You are ready to hunt!  I see turkey nuggets in your future.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

randywallace

Quote from: g8rvet on March 05, 2021, 01:08:33 PM
"a 20 is not enough gun"

I had a guy stop me in the forest to see what my little popgun was - it is a SA459 and he said it looked like a camo AR.  LOL.  He was very interested in the ballistics and patterns.  I showed him the results on my phone (of dead turkeys and pattern pics). Nice guy, fun talk.

LOL   Looks great.  You are ready to hunt!  I see turkey nuggets in your future.

Yep.  The only downside I can find to 9s is being careful in getting them out of the breasts.  They will kill a turkey as far as you want to shoot.  Bailey, that whill surely kill a turkey.  If you want to up the pellets, check out the 1 7/8 tss 9s from Rouge Ammunition or 2.0 oz Boss Ammo tss 9s. 

3bailey3

hey thanks Randy, tell me you are not still carrying that big 10?

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

MattBordas

Quote from: randywallace on March 05, 2021, 02:34:49 PM
Quote from: g8rvet on March 05, 2021, 01:08:33 PM
"a 20 is not enough gun"

Yep.  The only downside I can find to 9s is being careful in getting them out of the breasts.  They will kill a turkey as far as you want to shoot.  Bailey, that whill surely kill a turkey.  If you want to up the pellets, check out the 1 7/8 tss 9s from Rouge Ammunition or 2.0 oz Boss Ammo tss 9s.

I gave those Rouge 1 7/8 9s this year and they shoot real good. I don't think the loads were as high quality as what I've shot from Apex and BC but they still shot great. I found that shooting that high of a payload I had to open my choke tubes up a bit because it was pretty easy to over choke it. Anything .565 and bigger I was really happy with.