turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Age and time

Started by Rick, January 21, 2020, 02:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdump

51 years old.  Been hunting turkeys only 5 years.

wvmntnhick

38. Be 39 in August. Hunted s few years off and on as a youngster. Nothing real serious. Just lucky a couple times. Shot my first spring bird at 19. After that I got into it more but still only when time was right. About the last 14-15 years I've MADE time. If they were bigger, I'd never kill another deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

I turned 50 last month. If not for my car accident it would be 26 or 27 years but because of my car accident and losing 17 years it is only really 8 or 9 years.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Vaturkeyhntr

34 will be 35 April 11 which happens to be opening day here in VA.  Haven't missed a season since I killed my first bird when I was 10

BD

34 and been hunting for 30

Alabama K2

64. Been hunting turkeys for 31 years

TonyTurk

53.  Been hunting turkeys for about 20 years.

rifleman

73 years old been hunting since age six.  I did not hunt turkeys until the spring of 1974 after military and WV's first spring bird season in my area and can't wait til April 11 for VA to open.  Over those years I have learned a lot but not all I suppose.  Right now I am recovering from a torn achilles tendon which was repaired on 24 Dec. and doing all I can to get back out there.  I can assure you I'll be somewhere at daybreak on April 11.  Good luck to all.

teke59

This spring makes 50 seasons chasing spring gobblers ! I still make mistakes LOL

Missouri hunter

31 years old, been hunting turkey for 11 years. Wish I would have started earlier but I'm got to make the most of what I've got ahead of me.
Sterling Custom Calls, making handcrafted box and trough calls.

darron

38,,,been hunting for 26 years.

FLGobstopper

Just turned 44 this will be my 31st spring.

afhunter1

Be 39 next month,   I guess 23-25 years. I never had a mentor really so my first 5-6 years were pretty much just walking around in the spring.  Shot a few but don't think I really called any in until I was about  20.  I'll never forget that first one. 

It was late in the season and bout 11am one day.  There was a big Tom out struttin in my neighbors field, I could see from our barn.  There was a ridge on my property that ended right at the edge of that field.   It was thick with honey suckle and the leaves were on pretty good.  I slipped out to the end of the ridge and had an elevated position over the field.  But I couldn't see it at all.  I got my old yeller out and made a few yelps.  He gobbled once then nothing.  I called a few more times but no answer.  I sat there wondering if he was coming or not.  I kept glancing at my watch and it was 11:50 the day was ending in 10 minutes.   I was just about to assume he wasn't coming and leave when I heard for the first time ever a gobbler spit and drum.   When I heard it I knew what it was.  I never heard it before but it was just like I had imagined.   I put my gun on my knee and kicked off the safety. Through the honey suckle bush that was directly in front of me I can see the glow of a white head.   He rolled out from behind that bush in full strut at 12 yds!   He saw me and llifted his head.   Bad mistake!   I have been hooked ever since. 

I have gotten pretty good at killing em now.   I actually have guys call me to take em or their kids out.  I love it and can't wait for spring. 

Hoot 000

60 this season will be 40 seasons Lord willing.

THattaway

51 and 39 years chasing turkeys.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles