turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Journal of hunts

Started by turkeykiller22, December 17, 2019, 01:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg90MN

I'm planning on doing it this coming season. Just keeping a good record of things.

ssramage

I started trying to do this last year and made it through the first hunt. I realized I was writing WAY too much, but I looked at it as something my boys may want one day. I think this year, I'm going to simplify and make a "template" to record pertinent details of every hunt. Try to keep it to 1 page or less.

Jrkimbrough

Quote from: Turkeyman on December 19, 2019, 04:20:55 PM
I don't really journal hunts, per se, but what I do is create a waypoint on my Garmin GPS where the turkey met his demise. I later number the kill then edit the waypoint with such data as weight, beard length and spurs...date and time are recorded with the waypoint. I save that in a Turkeys Killed GPS file. Kind of neat to look back at them over the years.

I do this also on my Onxhunt app.  The past couple years I've killed several birds in almost the exact some spot.  OnX also added a feature where you have upload a photo to pins, so I just uploaded my harvest photos to those pins which I think will be cool to look back on years later.