OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Spring Trips?

Started by buzzardroost, November 30, 2019, 03:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzardroost

Starting to think about those turkey trips. Anyone got any trips planned already? I am trying to get border states to my home state of TN. Don't have Virginia yet. Thinking of George Washington/Jefferson National Forests but unsure if there's birds in the southern parts or not. Anyone else doing any planning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prohunter3509

Yeah been planning since last may when I got back from nebraska.
This year if the good lawd is willing and the devil don't butt in , will be  Tennessee, Missouri, Kansas, and Maine
Been talking to a guy could possibly make Alabama a stop also. I am waiting and ready

Dtrkyman

My plans are to hunt all of April and May

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonasa

Maybe, I put in for the usual Florida units. See how that goes, otherwise NY/CT/NJ.

Crghss

South Dakota for round 2, can't wait.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

PA-strutter

Pennsylvania(my home state), New York about an hour up the road, but starting in West Virginia(still trying to figure that out), then to Ohio.

Yoteduster

Nebraska,South Dakota, Wyoming two week trip if it takes that long looking forward to It and can't wait

Sir-diealot

I may end up hunting in Northern PA though not quite sure where, Mennonite I drive for and his son want to go down there and do some hunting.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Trips are always fun to plan ... planning is sometimes the best part ..lol

BD

Have a trip planned to FL and then hitting OK, NM, and Colorado.  Hope to fit Louisiana in too.

randy6471

Fl and Pa for sure. Thinking about maybe doing a Va trip in between.

silvestris

Quote from: BD on December 01, 2019, 05:56:13 PM
Have a trip planned to FL and then hitting OK, NM, and Colorado.  Hope to fit Louisiana in too.

If you come to Louisiana, be sure to bring a Ben's small mesh headset.  The biting Midges have been horrific, especially with the state setting the season back two weeks.  Charles Jordan would have horrified at that season setting decision.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

ddturkeyhunter

Got a big one for me Hawaii, wife always wanted to go there. I said i had no interest to go there, and what sit on some beach; untill I found out they have turkey there. So I am going turkey hunting and she can go do what every. Other wise MN,(home state) WI, SD, WY, money should be all gone by then. And that is with sleeping in back seat of car or camper, Hunt public and eat junk food to stay alive. And CHASE TURKEYS. ITs not even the Holidays and you guys are already getting me pumped. Going to be a long winter

Muzzy61

Think I'm going to do Kentucky this year.
I deer hunt up there most years but have never Turkey hunted.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

EKavanagh

WA and Idaho in May. Hoping to do another before our season opens here in MD.

Ed