turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hornets!

Started by Happy, July 28, 2019, 04:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobk

I have had 3 encounters with yellow jackets after I ran over their  nest while mowing. Used both the run a distance then hit the ground and roll and the  run as fast and far as you can techniques after they located me and began stinging. Neither method was successful in stopping the attack. Twice I was on a tractor, luckily I set the brakes and took it out of gear prior to bailing out. Returned after dark to recover the tractor and declare war on the yellow jackets. That battle I won.

Spitten and drummen

Dang. Feel for you. Hornets are no joke.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Old Timer

We got some tuff hombres here! :whip2:           

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Happy on July 28, 2019, 04:20:50 PMthen began to ponder how I was going to get my chainsaw(still idling) back. Long story short my neighbor happened to be walking the back around the corner of his property when he spied me donned in a heavy carhart coat, welding gloves,mad bomber hat and a welding shield, sneaking back towards my chainsaw.
I hate to laugh :TooFunny: because I despise wasps and hornets, and have had many a run in with them. But that there brother, would have been a sight to be seen!! ;D :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

roberthyman14

Been there before.  I really hate wasps, bees, Hornets, any of the sort.  I despise Bush hogging in the summer but its gotta be done.  Few years ago I was in alabama helping some folks with clearing some property for a new food plot and setting a few blinds.  Got through the whole day without incident until we began walking to the road.  About 20 feet from the road I noticed something buzz by my head and back again.  Then it hit me in the chest.  Giant black and white Hornets.  I yelled run and we split up running as fast as I could while swatting my hat to get them off of me.  Probably ran at least 200 yards through thick as briars , they never slowed me down. Hit the road right in front of a club member on a tractor.  Looked like a fought a bobcat from the briars and swollen like a Tyson fight from the Hornets.  I think I took about a dozen hits. Mostly to the neck and chest. Worst was the fat roll on my side.  I absolutely hate flying insects and they are everywhere around here

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

captpete

About 25 years ago I was working 3rd shift. I had done some laundry in the morning and hung it outside on the clothes line. When I got ready for work that night I ran outside and grabbed a pair of pants. On the way to work I stopped at the local convenience store to grab a cup of coffee. On the way out of the store I feel something sting me in my thigh. As I got to the truck I feel 2 more. I can feel several things crawling on my leg. I kicked off my shoes, stripped off my pants and turned them inside out. There were 7 wasps in my pants. I got stung 5 times. I bet it was quite the sight....me standing in the parking lot in my underwear at 10:30 at night beating the crap out of my pants with one of shoes. I did kill all 7 of them bastards!

wvmntnhick

Until recently, it had been years since I'd been stung. Couple weeks ago I was cleaning a pool at a customers house. Everything was fine until I tried to enter the pool house. First step up the block stairway and BANG! Joker busted me on my toe. Did a little song and dance. Put a bit of dip on it. Told my employee about it and he ran like a chicken back to the van. Rolled up all the windows and locked the doors. Left me out there to complete the job and fend for myself. Turns out, he's allergic to bee's and can't afford an epipen. Blows my mind too. Guys an aspiring "rap star" and can buy a $1500 tennis chain and lord knows what for some tooth glitter. Btw, he's looking for new employment if anyone's interested in listening to him "sing" to you while you transport him from location to location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

I hope I never have an encounter with them again. I am allergic to bees and I have not been able to run since my car accident in 88. I do not remember it but I guess I almost died because of them when I was young from what my mother told me and I reckon she would know. It is my only worry when I am out turkey hunting, we have rattlesnakes but they are very few and far between where I live. I carry my epipen in my backpack and another in my cargo pants when I am out hunting.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

AndyH

When I was a kid my brother and I were throwing the baseball and threw it up in the tree and there happened to be a hornets nest up there. I picked the ball up and the next thing I knew I was being stung all over. Took 16 stings from them. I don't ever think I'll forget that feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk