News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Waiting....

Started by mscampbell75, December 25, 2021, 07:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mscampbell75

Like the title says....  I'm waiting.   :popcorn:

Waiting on a new shotgun to arrive in preparations of this upcoming turkey season..  Ordered one last week and it should arrive middle of next week at my local FFL dealer.

Mossberg 835 12 gauge (63527)  All purpose in Mossy Oak bottomland camo.  26" barrel.  Comes with a set of accu-mag set of chokes & a x-factor ported ulti full turkey choke. 

I went w/ this gun as i is not a dedicated turkey gun, but i will use on deer and occasional waterfowl and clay targets.  (but most excited about the turkey)  And i love the mossy oak bottomland camo.  I'm sure i will eventually get a slug barrel down the road, w/ optics.

My plans:
Sites-  I will be getting a set of tru glo magnam gobble dot pro series.  I like the field of vision they offer. I've had these on a Beretta i used to own.  Tried and true for me.

Choke-  I am going to see how the x-factor will pattern.  But i foresee an Indian Creek .675. and maybe a Sumtoy.  I've used an Indian Creek, so i know they are solid.  And reviews of the Sumtoy are promising.  I'm curious how the 26" barrel will pattern.

Shells-  Going to start with the Winchesters LB #5s. I will try a few different to see where i end up before season arrives.

I'm ready for turkey season... now that Deer season is winding down.

USMC0331

Congratulations! May you bust many big Toms with it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

hoythunter

That's a good starting point with the LB #5. My 835 shot the 3" really good with stock choke.

Tom007

Best of luck with your new Mossberg.  :turkey2:
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

New guns are always exciting

mscampbell75

Quote from: hoythunter on December 28, 2021, 09:20:25 AM
That's a good starting point with the LB #5. My 835 shot the 3" really good with stock choke.

I went today to get some shells... my local store only had the LB #4 in 3.5".  They said should be getting some more in soon.  So I'll wait some more! :popcorn: