News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wrong Nipple!

Started by Sir-diealot, May 29, 2019, 08:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: tal on May 30, 2019, 09:25:38 AM
LOL... All of life can be condensed into the company of good friends, laughter, and the search for nipples.
lol
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on May 30, 2019, 09:57:30 AM
Quote from: tal on May 29, 2019, 09:00:00 PM
Not a black powder shooter but google dixie gun works. It was a store in NW Tennessee that my buddies use to brag on.
I would almost guarantee this store would have the nipple your wanting to play with ... she not but about 40 miles from my house ....
I have to find one with the proper thread, that is the problem I have.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: tal on May 30, 2019, 11:00:03 AM
LOL.... Now the responses to that will be interesting. I can't stop laughing

Quote from: NCL on May 30, 2019, 11:02:40 AM
Quote from: tal on May 30, 2019, 11:00:03 AM
LOL.... Now the responses to that will be interesting. I can't stop laughing

The possibilities are endless.
Ya'll are going to corrupt my morals.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Happy on May 30, 2019, 12:01:01 PM
I have heard not hunting for 17 years can cause that. Never took the chance and risked it myself. If you decide to replace them I would go at least 58 cal.
I have always wanted to get an ol'Betsy like they used in the Revolutionary war, they are .69 Caliber smooth bore muskets, not very good at distance, they are better up close. Still like the historical significance in them.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: TRG3 on May 29, 2019, 09:12:40 PM
A Google search revealed that Navy Arms sold their business to VTI. Their email address was listed as mail@vtigunparts.com  Being a fellow muzzleloader, I wish you the best in finding an appropriate nipple.
I contacted them and they could not help, said Navy Arms was just an importer and they gave me info to contact another guy that is a gunsmith. He had no clue what it was but wants me to send him the nipple that is on it so he can look at it.

John Koenig:

NCbowjunkie

Most imported muzzle loaders had a metric thread for the nipple 6mm x .75. Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get a screw in this thread size and see if it fits. If it will then midway USA has some for the Lyman muzzle loader for # 11 percussion caps that should work for you. Rifles made in USA has 1/4" x 28 threads
As for the balls soak in vegetable cooking oil then roll them around in a towel

Sir-diealot

Quote from: NCbowjunkie on May 30, 2019, 02:51:44 PM
Most imported muzzle loaders had a metric thread for the nipple 6mm x .75. Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get a screw in this thread size and see if it fits. If it will then midway USA has some for the Lyman muzzle loader for # 11 percussion caps that should work for you. Rifles made in USA has 1/4" x 28 threads
As for the balls soak in vegetable cooking oil then roll them around in a towel
Thank you very much. If I can get the use of a vehicle I will be sure to do that. Thanks for the info on the balls as well.

John Koenig:

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 30, 2019, 04:15:27 PM
Buttery nipple lol.
I don't think I got any Bore Butter on it.

John Koenig:

renegade19

Well, here I am, disappointed again.  Not the nipples I had in mind.   >:(

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 30, 2019, 04:25:11 PM
Buttery nipple lol.
If you rub bore butter on your white balls will it clean them up?
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 30, 2019, 06:12:01 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 30, 2019, 04:25:11 PM
Buttery nipple lol.
If you rub bore butter on your white balls will it clean them up?
Never tried, will let you try that ointment out yourself.

John Koenig:

yelpy

Try a local machinist if you cant come up one. In sure it can be duplicated.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: yelpy on May 31, 2019, 06:59:38 PM
Try a local machinist if you cant come up one. In sure it can be duplicated.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk
I think the route I am going to go is to send it to the gentleman I mentioned above. He said he has them in all sizes and should be able to help me out. I would try the other routes but I have limited use of a vehicle this week and have to get ready for my shoulder surgery on Friday. Still putting away all my turkey hunting supplies and have to go get the blind and calls off the property I hunt tomorrow.

John Koenig: